My mom died

by twinkle toes 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• chicken little
    chicken little

So sorry for your loss of your dear mum. Witness funerals are no comfort, I know from experience. My mother died 2 years ago and she was an inactive witness, nobody showed up for her funeral. On a positive note the whole biker club my brother is a member of came. They were all in their leather jackets and came with lovely flowers. The priest we had arranged to give the ceremony did not blink an eyelid, took it all in his stride. I would have loved to have seen the faces of the witnesses if it had been in a kingdom hall.

You are now free to live your life exactly as YOU feel fit. Go for it!

All the best wishes

Chicken little

• boyzone
    boyzone

Twinkle Toes

(((()))) I'm so sorry for what you're going through and have been through. You and your mum deserved better from so-called "true" christians. Now you are physically free. All you have to do now is free your mind from the fear.

work thru what your next step is. We'll be here to support if you need us.

love BZ

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Twinkle toes,

This is so sad. I am sorry for your loss. That your mother died for living by their rules really stings; it's hard to take. I hope you will find some comfort from your friends here that was so lacking during your time of need. ((((((((((twinkle)))))))))

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wishing you love, peace and healing twinkle

• MisfitMeL
    MisfitMeL

Very sorry to hear of your loss twinkle, but more so to hear the cold treatment from supposedly true christians.

I hope you find peace, solace, comfort and healing in the coming days and weeks, not just in getting through the grief, but also in your journey out from the religion. You are now free to define yourself and your life and pursue your interests and goals.

In time I'm sure the anger against your mum will subside. She was only doing what she thought was right. It is the WTS that should feel shame and guilt for their teachings.

You may have not felt true love and friendship from the JWs, but I know you will find that among the rest of humanity.

• penny2
    penny2

twinkle toes, how sad. Hope you are OK.

penny

• cantleave
    cantleave

My condolences Twinkletoes.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I know how you feel. A stranger in a strange land. Been there done that. The strange land that you have been warned about is normality. I will see you there some time.

Chris

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am so sorry. I know what you mean about the coldness. My mother-in-law died in August. All of her kids lived at the least 5 hours away. We live about 10 hours away. Two of the children and two grandchildren are still good standing JW's. No one in the hall offered us even coffee after the sales pitch memorial. I just could not believe how cold it all was. She was a very active JW to the end and that was it.

I am so sorry for what you went through. It is so hard especially when the blood issue is involved. My heart goes out to you.

LITS

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Please know my thoughts are with you during this painful turning point in your life. May you find strengh in your happier memories.

I'm so very sorry.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit