My mom died

by twinkle toes 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

She has past in the last month and I have been trying to decide when I would post this development in my life for privacy reasons. Realizing this is quite ridiculous I am posting it now. How sad! I can not believe I am worried about my hidden identity in this time of sadness. Yet it is poignant because she was the only reason I cared whether or not anyone knew of my "doubts".

As a faithful witness who was baptized at the ripe old age of nine. She was ever faithful to the slave and always followed to the letter the direction handed down from the throne. Her death was a sped up by her refusal of a blood transfusion. I can not help feeling so angry about her decision to deny herself extra time with her children and grandchildren for the sake of this religion.

The funeral was quite horrible in that I thought it was cold and boring. Some "sisters" put on a lunch which was nice but most of the people avoided me like the plaque. I couldn't help wondering why they showed up. Isn't the witness funeral for the living. Are they not supposed to comfort me? I felt nothing. No love, No longing to be there at the hall with them. It was as if I was a stranger in a strange land.

This is the end for me as a fader I think. I fear only for my siblings and other family members. I may be a full blown apostate now.

My mom was the only reason I stayed quiet. The only reason I hid my yoga classes. The only reason to attend memorial.

What now?

• dinah
    dinah

words fail me

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So sorry for your loss.

You're right, JW funerals are anything but comforting.

W

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I'm so very sorry.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Sad news Twinkle Toes.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so sorry that your mom passed and that her death was hastened by virtue of her cult membership. But now you are free to live openly as you would like to do...practicing yoga, experiencing true friendship...whatever you want. Good luck, and God speed.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

((((((twinkle toes))))) I'm sorry for your lost.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dear Twinkle Toes - I'm sorry your mum has departed. I do not believe the journey ends with this life, it continues in another form - what that is I don't know. I hope you will find peace in your heart that your mum chose not to have the transfussion. Her blood, along with others is on the societies hands. She was a true believer and one cannot fault her on that, many are totally deceived by the WTBTS.

You are now free and can honour her memory by being free and living your life to the full.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry for your loss.

My mom died 5 years ago, and due to my 'fade' at the time, the entire Jw community boycotted the arrangements. It still hurts. She believed [though inactive for years] to the end. I wonder if the 'brotherly love' that was absent at the funeral would have changed her mind if she could have seen it? My fade became angrier.

Peace to you.

Jeff

• nelly136

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit