To you what was the Watchtower Socity's biggest lie ?

by The Almighty Homer 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

They have so many lies under their belt that I doubt they would recognize the Truth if it came and bit them on the arse.

The thing that sickened me was when I realised that they had known the 1914 doctrine had no validity way back in the sixties, I realised while in that it was a crock of sh*t, but I thought they would drop it when they found out ! How trusting I was !

But they still teach it today to keep the fear and control going.

They are from their Father the Devil, the Father of the lie.

Love

Wobble

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Whatever lie you fell for that got you "in" da troof is the WTBTS biggest lie as far as I am concerned.

As far as their dogma, those two dates of 1914 and 1919 and how they got to them (after discarding other published prophetic dates that were simply not true) is the biggest lie to me, since all other dates and dogma of JW's flow out of the belief that these two dates prove that Jehovah and Jesus chose this organization.

• ziddina
    ziddina

For me, it wasn't the Watchtower's biggest lie; it was the bible's lies. To realize (at the age of 8) that the Israelites were too stupid, ignorant, or uneducated to realize that the mountain 'Moses' was receiving the 'Ten Commandments' upon was a VOLCANO... An actively erupting one, at that....

Exodus 19: 16-19, Christian Standard Bible... "On the third day, when morning came, there was thunder and lightning, a thick cloud on the mountain, and a loud trumpet sound, so that all the people in the camp shuddered. Then Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet god [they almost ended up meeting their maker, all right... Where's a pyroclastic flow when you need one??] and they stood at the foot of the mountain. Mount Sinai was completely enveloped in smoke because the lord came down on it in fire. Its smoke went up like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain shook violently. As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and god answered him in the thunder...."

Yeah... Clearly a primitive, ignorant tribe's - group of tribes' - attempt to explain a volcanic eruption. The descriptions of volcanic eruptions in the mythology of the Native Americans living near Mt. Saint Helens are much more picturesque and delightful, by the way...

I was speechless. If this book [collection of books; biblyos] was supposed to be 'divinely inspired', then either the Israelites were idiots who didn't have a clue as to how the earth really worked, or their god didn't have a frikkin' clue - or wanted them in danger of being destroyed while 'he' was handing out orders, or... Their god didn't really exist.

And that was it. I saw behind the mask, and was changed forever.

Zid

jk

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

*sigh* I suppose there were many... but 1975 is - or was - the biggest for me. I lived thru it.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I was speechless. If this book [collection of books; biblyos] was supposed to be 'divinely inspired', then either the Israelites were idiots who didn't have a clue as to how the earth really worked, or their god didn't have a frikkin' clue - or wanted them in danger of being destroyed while 'he' was handing out orders, or... Their god didn't really exist.

Good point Ziddina , the lies of the bible parallel themselves well with the lies of the WTS.

The human ignorance factor of the ancient civilizations are indisputably factual.

Being a follower of human ignorance and supporting it never appealed to me either.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good question...there are so many.

I think the thing that perpetuates continually with the JW's I know, is their blind hope in a paradise earth. Most couldn't care less about the dogma of 607 and 1914, in fact they don't even want to think about it or discuss it. But boy oh boy, do they want that paradise earth to come soon and erase all their woes. No matter what they see and think, they hold on to that idea of living forever with a pet lion. It is very sad. It is nothing but a fairy tale patched together by parts of verses strung together like a like a map for a treasure hunt. Millions of lives are put on hold and families split apart by this blind faith in a fairy tale.

On a second note, the lie that is most painful is the FDS's claim that alienation of affection for loved ones is Bible based. It's a pain carried on both sides...daily.

GD religion.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Biggest lie to me is: MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE!" "THE DEAD AWAIT A RESURRECTION TO A PARADISE EARTH." And the final one: "JESUS ASCENDED TO THE THRONE IN 1914!" Those 3 are the biggest ones to me. Oh and one final one: "IF YOU TAKE BLOOD, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A RESURRECTION!" Okay, those 4 are/were the cornerstones of the faith.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

White Dove: MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE!

There are (about five) millions soon dying who've never (really) lived.

Because of that and other lies of the WT soviety... oops... society.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

I am surprised most folks here miss one of the 2 biggest lies from the WT.

The first one was mentioned by some... that is, the misuse and abuse of the parable of the Faithful and Discreet Slave as giving the WT org full claimed authority over the brotherhood. Right on!

The 2nd one was missed by most: The WT perpetuates the lie that EVERYONE must preach from "house to house," in order to fulfill the evangelic mandate to be saved. And you must turn in a monthly report.

This second one is really an outstanding distortion of bible truth. The "how" is not the important issue in following the preaching command. The important christian duty is to evangelize like Christians did in the 1st Cent. Bible record shows that most if not all preaching done in the 1st Cent. was incidental, it wasn't done by presenting canned sermons from house to house. And the "house to house" rendering at Acts 20:20 is misunderstood and misapplied considering the real context of the 1st Cent. This has been explained well in other expositions. Jesus is shown preaching everywhere, but not from "house to house."

And there is no record as well that Paul went from "door to door" as JW's do today. The main drive behind the rigid arrangement of the "house to house" mandate is to channel money to support the huge and costly WT empire. Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! And don't forget your activity report... just in case you slack and lose interest in this lifesaving work. Yeah!

• Violia
    Violia

I feel their biggest lie was they said they had love among themselves -which proved they were the true religion. Very big lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit