To you what was the Watchtower Socity's biggest lie ?

by The Almighty Homer 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greenie
    greenie

@Drew Sagan - I perused that booklet last night and it was so disturbing I had to stop.

@everyone else, if you haven't read it YOU SHOULD! It is crazy. They really do suggest that lawyers put JW youths on the stand who are involved in extracurricular activities, and it actually tells the young witness to describe an array on non-JW things he/she is involved in. It's insane.

My main problem is that they say they're the only true religion. And all of the stuff they demand but isn't based on scripture (like turning in field service hours...huh?)

• flipper
    flipper

HOMER- Great thread ! I think the biggest lie that the WT society pushes is that they have the cure all, end all truth of life for everyone on the planet ! They have an extreme lack of modesty and humility because they think they are experts when it comes to handling people who have gone through child abuse, drug addiction, sexual abuse, physical violence abuse, and other sad challenges people in life face. It is the epitome of arrogance and deception that the WT society sells THEMSELVES as the cure all, end all solution to all of these duped people who fall for their scam. I feel THIS is their biggest lie- overestimating their ability to really HELP people - when they don't have a clue on REALLY how to do it.

As far as doctrines go- I agree with a lot of posters - the " time of the end " doctrine and the 1914 " generation " fiasco really ranks WAY up there in being one of the most dishonest of lies they have told to keep members hooked under cult mind control. I mean , hey - it's half the battle if the WT society can keep members scared $hitless about being destroyed at Armageddon - then the use of " fear " and " guilt " are the 2 tools the WT society will continue dishonestly using to keep rank and file witnesses TRAPPED ! It's worked so far - WHY would they change NOW ? It's disgusting

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

When I was a kid growing up are family had to drive 5 miles down a major street in are town to get to the Kingdom Hall

that we were suppose to attend, during this drive I always noticed the other churches on both sides of the street,

even watching people enter their perspective church on Sunday morning. The biggest Catholic church in town was actually

right across the street from are Kingdom Hall. Through most of my childhood I found it secure and comforting that I

wasn't going to be destroyed because I was in the one and only true religion out of all of them and I actually felt sad

for those people that were not JWS, particular my school chums I played with at school. Then a couple of years after 1975

a well liked and respected elder talked to me about his experience at working at Bethel headquarters and within that conversation

he stated that he now thinks the organization is just a publishing company. Well the bells in my head really started to go off,

could this be true ? Well I set my mind into analytical mode and started to scrutinize things a little more, still went out in service

and gave the odd talk when requested. In my mind I kept on asking myself was the WTS intensionally exploiting the bible to sell

literature, falsely proclaiming themselves as god's divinely chosen ones and on a self accentuated project to obtain power and money.

Unfortunately and sadly I came to the conclusion that the answer to this was yes.

Now after 30 years and in reflection I see that all religions lie to some degree or another and the JWS do not hold exclusivity

in this alone and thats why after my experience with the WTS., I enjoy living a lie-less life as an atheist/humanist.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

To me it's a toss-up between Malawi and the NGO. I didn't read all the pages but no doubt that has been mentioned in this thread many times.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

For me the "resurrection to a paradise Earth" lie has to be the biggest, because there is not a single scrap of Biblical evidence to support this. When I was a R&F Dub looking at the pretty pictures in the "Paradise Book/Life Forever Book and the Revelation book you take this fantasy for granted thinking it is a legitimate Biblical fact, but the bottom line is not , it's a damn LIE!.

• restrangled
    restrangled

1975 and millions now will never die...

among other adjusted thinking.

• Chalam
    Chalam

That they call themselves "The Truth"

Gets my vote also :)

Just goes to show that they elevate themselves to Jesus' position John 14:6

Blessings,

Stephen

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

That the end is coming, and that the new system is coming.

They make the present very good life that most of us live seem drab, and terrible, when in fact life now is better than anytime in history.

Their lie about the future makes the present unbearable for many witnesses, and more so as time ticks away and no new system.

P

• freydo
    freydo

That Is 43:10-12("You are my witnesses") applies to them. Everything else, namely that God has an Earthly Organization, is built on that. It's the Kingdom is here, which isn't any different than the Catholic concept that they are it and there's apostolic succession that's been in progress since the first century, whether it's Peter or the GB. It's not exactly lies, but delusions. Like when you start with an illogical premise and logically follow it thru to an illogical conclusion. Things get distorted.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

A previous poster opined that many of the things noted in this thread are not "lies" because they are religious doctrines based on erroneous interpretations of Scripture. This implies that everything the WTS has done and said are unintentional mistakes, not lies. I most enthusiastically disagree.

Doctrines can be, and often are, lies. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for replacing Scripture with their own lies (their false precepts and false doctrines). How much harsher would He be (will He be) against the WTS for all their whopper lies which they have created to replace Scripture?

An organization so apt to make the huge number of "unintentional mistakes" of biblical interpretation as has been made by the WTS is clearly being deceptive when they claim to be God's channel of communication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit