To you what was the Watchtower Socity's biggest lie ?

by The Almighty Homer 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cattails
    cattails

For me, like others have also said, the fact the WTS teaches that Jesus isn't the Mediator between God and men, only some men... that was the big lie that I just can't stomach.

By saying Jesus isn't the Mediator for all men they deny the message of the Gospel as found in Scripture.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

That they call themselves "The Truth"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They were the only religion that Jesus approved of in 1919. Which cannot be true--otherwise, why did Boozerford wait to start spreading mandatory field circus, ban holidays, and do away with the cross?

• watson
    watson

Beat me to it WTW!

• 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

1975 hit me pretty hard recently!!! I heard the assembly presentation (believe it was Norr..?) where they told everyone that the day was coming in 1975!!! Then ever since then we were told that they never said it... and that we "witnesses" misrepresented what was said!!! I was floored when I heard that on Utube!!! There was no way anyone could possibly "misrepresent" what was said!!!

All those years I was told that the bros back then were mistaken and sold EVERYTHING (Making them look like fools in current witnesses eyes!)

Has anyone EVER sued them??? I told my wife, I feel like they stole over 20 yrs of my life with their lies and felt like suing them! (they prob have too much money to beat, anyway) Just a thought...

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

I don't know if the BIGGEST, but one othe BIGGEST is "The end is near".

In Italian they use the word "imminent"; they're repeated obsessevsly in the last 5-6 decades, or even more.

Many people waste their life due to this lie.

• watson
    watson

Even if by amazing fluke, it is imminent, they are blood guilty because of the "cry wolf" syndrome.

• nugget
    nugget

That they have my best interests at heart. That benevolent old men with a direct line to God can help me see what God wants me to do. I cannot tell you how sad it made me to discover that the GB spends so much time voting on DF matters, infighting and other less noble acts. Brothers and sisters in Malawi and others have put their trust in people not God and suffered unimaginable hardships as a result.

It says that each one will render an account for himself to God so I think by the time God has finished dealing with the sins of the GB I should pretty much have a free pass.

• Scully
    Scully

"Worldly™ people won't love you like we do."

The implication is that JW love is much, much better than what you can find anywhere else, which is patently FALSE.

Looking at the phrase in retrospect, it is true, isn't it? You'll never be "loved" by anyone else the way the JWs Love™ you.

JW Love™ = shunning when someone disagrees with the WTS, forcing children to stand out like sore thumbs at school by Standing Up For The Truth™, conditional friendship, and forgetting people as soon as you're out of the congregation.

Worldly­™ love = respecting differences of opinion, even if you disagree; kindness (charity) when it's most needed to complete strangers; sense of community and wanting to make a positive difference with one's life, accepting people as they are, etc.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Chronology 1799,1874, 1879, 1914, 1919,1925, 1935,1975 , "This generation" (1995), "This generation" (2009), blood doctrine (was not was), the WTS (Rutterfraud & Knorr Knorr) letter to the Reichsfuhrer, the story of Erich Frost, Paul Balzereits excommunication and onjust blaming, the property management and wealth $$$ of the society(trust the brothers!), the education policy (high school of Awake!), 1957 ehh 1975, the extreme and hidden power of the WTS lawyers (Bromley et all) and the claim we (JW's) are better than other people and at last the claims about other religions. And of course: that CT Rusell was the first president. They forgot WH Conley!

Fun!

Gorbatchov

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit