To you what was the Watchtower Socity's biggest lie ?

by The Almighty Homer 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

HEY !!
    I like spaggetti !!

In a nice tomato based sauce, with fresh parmesan and a nice Baco Noir.

Or with shrimps and spinach in a white wine sauce with chlli peppers, mmmmmmm

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Another deception is that the organization desperately needs money continually to keep their head above the water but then go and spend millions on property and buildings.

If this organization was so honest and amicable in their intentions, why don't they ever post out the organization's financial position to the rest of the members.

Most likely the shareholders wouldn't approve of such a move, I'm guessing.

The recent initiative to move over all Kingdom Hall property titles to the WTS. tells another story of financial deceit by the GB leaders.

Its all a game of power and money folks done religiously of course.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sooo many to choose from. I think 607 gets the vote from me.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The no spaghetti clause was the finale nail in the coffin for me too !

A 1000 years of no barbecued steak was the other one.

• Mary
    Mary

I don't know if this counts but I'm having spaggetini with mussell steamed in wine wine sauce tonight. Looks like I'll die at Armageddon for this one.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

An eternal life without New England Grinder? Does not sound like life to me...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

What's the problem with spaghetti?

Is it because of the flying spaghetti monster?

Will he be thrown into the abyss with his noodly appendage?

Will anyone fashioning their pasta in the shape of spaghetti be smited as an idolater?

• undercover
    undercover

Speaking of foods allowed/not allowed in the New System...

I remember when it was pretty much accepted that we'd all have to be vegetarians in the New System. The meatasaurouses of the congregation were quite disturbed. They didn't want to have to go an eternity without a good steak. 'Buck up little campers' was the only advice given by a CO on the subject.

Well, one elder was an avid fishermen and loved to prepare all kinds of dishes with his catches. From the platform one meeting, when the subject of the New System was brought up and someone commented about not eating meat, he proclaimed that while we wouldn't eat meat, we would in fact, continue to eat fish and seafood as they were not "animals" in the same sense.

I remember that because for as inane as it was, it made me wonder just how much anyone really knew about anything of the New System. I think subconsiously it may have triggered something deep inside to make me question the teaching in its entirety.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

undercover: I remember that because for as inane as it was, it made me wonder just how much anyone really knew about anything of the New System.

It might also tell we still were (and he was) human beings. It's comforting. First things first. There's some hope.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Calling themselves god's channel. I would LOVE to know just how God communicates to them! Also how they insinuate themselves into the position of being a mediator between the average person and Jesus.

I would never have joined the religion if I knew these things about them. It is as though they expected to be prayed to. As time went on I noticed they were elevating themselves ever higher. I guess I just do not accept anybody who makes divine claims about themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit