Geeks like me who would like to talk about smartphones should read here....

by AllTimeJeff 25 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

One of the biggest pluses with the Iphone is the application support that has already been established ( 100,000 to date )

that other phones do not. The build quality appears to be better that some of the other top phones out there as well.

Another plus is the table top docking station that you can purchase that makes knowing and locating where your phone is

a no brainier, it keeps the phone in a upright position to easily view what your doing with it such as transferring files or charging it up.

I keep mine docked right next to my desktop computer which probably most people do.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Love my iPhone. Got it early 2008. Had the latest version of Blackberry but didn't like it's surfing abilities so traded it in for the iPhone. Very happy with it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I've got a Nokia e71. It has fantastic functionality without screaming "my owner is a GEEK". I can browse all my favourite websites (even this one) and access all my email accounts. I am so used to Nokia menus that I am confortable using the standard phone functions and can even text with it since it has a qwerty keyboard (can't use that predictive stuff at all). I use all the functions including the GPS, video and MP3 player and have even downloaded some games. This is the first phone I have owned where I really have used it for more than just phoning people.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

One thing about the Iphone is its such a hot commodity out in the retail market that its difficult to purchase,

all of the retail stores in my city were completely sold out and there was a waiting list to buy.

I had to buy it directly from my service provider ( Rogers ) and they shipped to me via UPS.

• undercover
    undercover

I have the 3G S 32g iPhone.

So far, I've loved it. I've about become an app whore. Is there an apps anonymous out there yet?

• abbagail
    abbagail

iPhone 3Gs, 32gig, owner since July. Love it. Never use Mac anymore.

Can't compare to other Smartphones because this is my first.

For Gmail folks, the best app out there is "Folder Buddy" (For Gmail). Works flawlessly and lets you create new folders,

or rename and move folders, all from the iphone.

Worst part about iphone: This JWN site! What a nightmare it is from iphone! ;-/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit