What do you think happens when you die?

by brainwashed-from-birth 54 Replies latest watchtower medical

• John Doe
    John Doe
    We get such a little peek at life here on earth that it seems impossible for it to be the end all of life.

Why?

• zagor
    zagor

I wish there is something more and we had some sort of 'reset button' after we die, but I don't think so. So use it wisely while you have it, your life that is

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

after death what ever it is, it's not bad, no eternal torment or anything like that, that's just a human idea.

• carpediem
    carpediem

Lights out - forever

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

With my newfound (over the last year or so) disillusionment with the JWs and mainline Christianity I have investigated a bit of Gnosticism, Binary Soul Doctrine, and whatever else I could find time to read about.

I don't have a clue anymore. I used to "know" everything. Now I know nothing.

I sometimes regret ever taking the red pill.

Thomas Gray nailed it:

"To each his sufferings: all are men,
    Condemned alike to groan,
    The tender for another's pain;
    The unfeeling for his own.
    Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
    Since sorrow never comes too late,
    And happiness too swiftly flies.
    Thought would destroy their paradise.
    No more; where ignorance is bliss,
    'Tis folly to be wise."

• cantleave
    cantleave

Very meaningless. So much crap....NO REWARD. That pisses me off.... Does that make you angry cantleave?

What makes me angry is I lived so much of my life trying to earn an reward. Now that I know this is my one opportunity at living a life I am going to make it more ,meaningful. I am going to experience as much as I can and also contribute what I can to causes that deserve it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Mad Sweeney: I used to "know" everything. Now I know nothing.

That admission is the beginning of wisdom.

Or so I've heard.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It's as simple as dirt. We just become somthing else.

LD

• Chalam
    Chalam

Nobody really can be sure until they experience death, but I am interested in near death experiences too, especially the ones from children. There have been cases where children have "met" dead loved ones they never knew existed and shocked their parents when they talked about their conversations.

I have heard a few similar testimonies.

This is a great account of a NDE Glimpse of Eternity by Ian McCormack

Blessings,

Stephen

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Decomposition, physical and mental.

If there's a "spiritual" component, the only thing that makes sense to me is "universal reconciliation".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit