What do you think happens when you die?

by brainwashed-from-birth 54 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gregor
    Gregor

this:

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I want to believe there is something!!! But it is odd to say "when I die" not "If I die" as if saying when was lack of faith? It is odd at 34 to change how I feel about one of the biggest aspects of life

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

---------------------

"Whither I go... ye know the way"...seems to say that we all must die. This certainly does not indicate a "gradual return back to youth" nor living forever here on an earthly (albeit toxic) paradise.

• moshe
    moshe

The Bible says we go to sheol- the grave. I hope some spiritual essence survives the death of my body, but we are left with just that- hopes, nothing more.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have never thought there was anything after we die . I still remember the dream I had as a child that death was nothingness . I never worried about it after that dream .

I also think of it this way ...I do not recall being any where or being anything before my birth why would I after death ?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

worms eat you. end of story. man and beast have the same eventuality. waiting or hoping for an afterlife whether its a resurection, reincarnation, heaven or whatever has led billions of people to lead empty unfullfilled lives because of some vague hope.

Forget it, You are alive NOW. Make the most of it. This is NOT a dress rehersal folks.

Oz

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good timing for this thread as my grampa just died today.

I am taking comfort by indulging in the possibility that he is with the "masters" and refreshing himself and reviewing how his life went before going onto the next adventure.

It works for me and sure beats the "hope" that JW's have.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    What do you think happens when you die?

Your mail stops comming and worms have a sudden attraction to you.

- Lime

• oldflame
    oldflame

What amazes me is how many of you still believe the same way the JW's do about what happens when you die.

• choosing life
    choosing life

White Dove, sorry about your grandpa. I hope he is on to his next great adventure too. Sorry for your loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit