What do you think happens when you die?

by brainwashed-from-birth 54 Replies latest watchtower medical

• poppers
    poppers

I'm exploring the idea of reincarnation where a person goes to an inbetween place to recuperate and figure out, with their guide, what to reincarnate into again.

Have you read Journey of Souls by Michael Newton?

• Vinny
    Vinny

Of course nobody can know for sure until after the fact...

But ... there have been thousands of very similar reports across the world where a person temporarily dies (during an operation, drowning, heart attack etc) and then through resuscitation efforts is brought back to life. However, during those periods of time where they were as close to dead as one can get (no heart beat, breathing or consciousness), many have reported literally leaving their bodies and experiencing extraordinary events. White light, tunnels, a so-called Heaven-like paradise visit; seeing dead family, thousands of translucent colors and much more. Not all of these accounts are credible, though in my opinion, many are.

But what really gives credence to some of these accounts, to me and others, is that many of these people have been able to describe, in great detail, events that were taking place around their bodies that could not have been known unless they actually were witnessing these events taking place from specific out of body positions as they claimed.

Atheist physicians and others have become believers because of such accounts. Most notably, when these kinds of near death experiences and events involve children. I have read numerous accounts and can see real credibility among many of them.

As a believer in God it also makes sense to me that there is more to be expected than just what we see here today and now. I believe something far more wonderful than what the JW's even hope for awaits us human beings after we die. And I don't believe it matters what religion, if any, one belongs to. Even atheists, I sincerely think, will experience incredible things after death.

The God that made the earth and who put us here did so with a purpose. Living on an earth like this (with tragedy as part of life) allows humans to see good and bad, love and hate, laughter and sorrow and so much more all together. This process called LIFE, on this earth today, allows us humans to be refined, to develop character and to grow as human beings. To deal with tragedy as well as good times. If God transcends religion, as I believe, then what awaits could be better than whatever our imaginations can create. And numerous, similar, near death experiences only support such hopes and belief for me.

Vinny

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I don't know.

I'm operating under the ASSUMPTION that my fate will be the same as the bugs splattered on my windshield.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I believe that if you'velead a good life, when you die you go to Disneyland.

If not, you go to Branson, Mo., where you'll be serenaded by Wayne Newton for all eternity.

Thus, I work out my salvation with fear and trembling.

No, not really...

• dgp
    dgp

We don't really know what will happen. But we can lead good lives under the assumption that there's no God waiting for you in the other side.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, / When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, / Must give us pause"

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, not even Shakespeare. Nobody knows.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I think we climb into a huge over sized down filled bed, with piles of soft covers that are never cold or hot, but always just cool. We snuggle down and sleep the best sleep we've ever had.

As an insomniac, I think this might be my idea of heaven.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Since all is speculation, I will in invest no energy in speculating about the unforeseen. Death is inevitible, and so life should not be squandered in any honor of death.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In the ground decomposing

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nobody really can be sure until they experience death, but I am interested in near death experiences too, especially the ones from children. There have been cases where children have "met" dead loved ones they never knew existed and shocked their parents when they talked about their conversations.

Tonight I was looking at the stars and wondering how many millions/billions of years old the light was that I was seeing. How can I see something now that happened so long ago? We are so bound up in our experience in "time" that it is difficult to see the possibilities that lie beyond.

Reincarnation and the development of the soul is something I think about too. We get such a little peek at life here on earth that it seems impossible for it to be the end all of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit