by brainwashed-from-birth 54 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

I no more exist. I count on that.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Acts 7:59 "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit"

Also, I think this is a nice analogy:

~DEATH~ WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO EXPLAIN IT..

A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to

Leave the examination room and said,

'Doctor, I am afraid to die.

Tell me what lies on the other side.'

Very quietly, the doctor said, 'I don't know.'

'You don't know? You, a Christian man,

Do not know what is on the other side?'

The doctor was holding the handle of the door;

On the other side came a sound of scratching and whining,

And as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room

And leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said,

'Did you notice my dog?

He's never been in this room before.

He didn't know what was inside.

He knew nothing except that his master was here,

And when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

I know little of what is on the other side of death,

But I do know one thing...

I know my Master is there and that is enough.'

• glenster
    glenster

This is the message board for "Blood, Medical Treatment & Depression." Your
    blood stops, you don't need medical treatment, and your problems are over.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Moshe The Bible says we go to sheol- the grave. I hope some spiritual essence survives the death of my body, but we are left with just that- hopes, nothing more.

Moshe, are you an active JW or just still holding onto to some of their teaching?!

It is just it sounds like something JWs have told me at the door :(

Try these verses for size against the statement.

James 2:26 (New International Version)

26 As the body without the spirit is dead

Romans 8:10 (New International Version)

10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:8-9 (New International Version)

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

So James says the spirit leaves the body i.e. the spirit of a person is in one place and the body in another. See these dead people for example 1 Peter 3:18-20

Romans says the body is dead but the spirit is alive for those who are in Christ?

2 Corinthians is saying the same, a person can be away from the body at at home with the Lord. The body is dead in one place and the spirit is alive in another.

The whole WT falsehood centres on their false teaching of Ecc 9:5. For those that want to rid themselves of this large piece of WT junk then try this excellent thread

Does Eccl. 9:5 Mean What the WT Says It Does?

Blessings,

Stephen

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have lost loved ones..I 'sense' they're in a "better place." Don't know any more or think any more than that, enough for me. Some would say that is just what I want to believe. Ok, that's true.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I think it is unlikely that we pay for our actions after death.

Even if somehow our consciousness survives the exipiration of our physical bodies, it just wouldn't make sense for our consciousness to be punished, at least not for eternity, for bad actions during our relatively short life-span. That wouldn't be fair.

I believe it is most likely that after we die we do not continue to exist in some other dimension or on some other level, but I cannot say for certain.

One thing is for sure though- it would be awesome!

Does wanting it to be true count?

The Oracle

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I know what will happen when I die. My executors will curse me up and down when they see the mess I've left behind.

W

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

3 course meal for worms....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What do you think happens when you die?

My body will become cold and stiff and then I(my lifeless body) will be cremated and my ashes spread over a magic mushroom patch I have cultivated over some wood chips out in the woods. My brain will no longer be thinking therefore I won't care about anything I won't feel any pain, joy, love, hate, and eventually all the people that ever knew me will be dead so all remembrance of me will be gone as I don't plan on becoming famous anytime soon, so that all traces of me will soon vanish. To this fact I feel neither happy nor sad just acceptance. Why should I want it any other way?

I think all this belief about life after death comes from the fact that we have evolved in such a way that we naturally want to keep living and so that this translates into a propensity to believe with out proof or the slightest shred of evidence that when we are dead we are still alive but in a different place or dimension. I think a more rational mind does not try to comfort itself with such beliefs.

• RickyCisco
    RickyCisco

As far as near death experiences go, this can usually be explained by the pineal glands secretion of DMT like chemicals into the brain when extreme stress is imposed on the body (in such cases like dying...) This line of thinking is being carried out my Rick Strassman M.D. most notably in the documentary "D.M.T. The spirit molecule". You can watch more about this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MQUGjd21MA

Since we have no conclusive answer about what happens to our consciousness after death, I think believing that it is our end is the most liberating idea to act on. It places an importance on the here and now, this life, this existence.

But alas, according to physics, biology and empirical evidence, consciousness is hardwired into our physiology. When the body dies, we die and vice versa.

But hey, the afterlife makes for great fiction ;)

btw, nice to meet all of you =)

-Ricky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit