A question for all ex jws AND JW's here, btw I'm new too

by EndofMysteries 93 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm sorry but I'm not easily impressed by folks who brag about their supposed brillance.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I wondered to myself, it this a university student, doing a survey on the damaging effects of being a jw?

Then I read the second paragraph and knew the answer. No, just another jw with a superioritycomplex...ummm...just another a jw with a superiority complex. My apologies for the reduncancy.

ESTEE

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

Yes, the truth, the accurate knowledge of God and the one he sent forth is VERY dangerous. Blessed are those you find and understand the unseen things inline with the truth, but more blessed are those who seek and don't understand the whole truth or the unseen things. This is true because those who understand the accurate knowledge, in these fleshly bodies, will be judged much much more severly if our works fall short of what we searched and found- this requires Godly devotion that most people lack. The ones not understanding the word of God do not have the truth held agianst them on judgement day in order that Jesus and the saints may teach them after they are raised and before judgment day. Death is the wages for sin. If we kill the flesh in this life and walk in spirit, love, truth, and faith and then continue to sin these sins (before we die completly) may and probably will be held against us. If you don't know and understand the truth but still confess Jesus is the Son of God you are safer because after your raised from death your slate is clean and you get a fresh start with the Shepared and Saints doing the teaching in person. Finding the truth is indeed dangerous to your salvation, if you fall short and turn away from what you've been taught and understood. May God's undeserved kindness continue to be with all of His children.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I have not mastered those books or fully understand them, I only started reading and going over many of them several months ago. I don't understand greek or hebrew, though would love to learn them, but I don't think there is time for that.

You can get online translations and interlinear versions of those books, as well as several ancient hebrew/greek biblical documents. You can read the english translations, then how the 'said' book or translatation would rephrase them and compare to various bibles.

Book of Jasher for example, talking about Cain murdering Abel, you read..... "7 And in some time after, Cain and Abel his brother, went one day into the field to do their work; and they were both in the field, Cain tilling and ploughing his ground, and Abel feeding his flock; and the flock passed that part which Cain had ploughed in the ground, and it sorely grieved Cain on this account.

18 And Cain approached his brother Abel in anger, and he said unto him, What is there between me and thee, that thou comest to dwell and bring thy flock to feed in my land?

19 And Abel answered his brother Cain and said unto him, What is there between me and thee, that thou shalt eat the flesh of my flock and clothe thyself with their wool?

20 And now therefore, put off the wool of my sheep with which thou hast clothed thyself, and recompense me for their fruit and flesh which thou hast eaten, and when thou shalt have done this, I will then go from thy land as thou hast said?

21 And Cain said to his brother Abel, Surely if I slay thee this day, who will require thy blood from me?

22 And Abel answered Cain, saying, Surely God who has made us in the earth, he will avenge my cause, and he will require my blood from thee shouldst thou slay me, for the Lord is the judge and arbiter, and it is he who will requite man according to his evil, and the wicked man according to the wickedness that he may do upon earth.

23 And now, if thou shouldst slay me here, surely God knoweth thy secret views, and will judge thee for the evil which thou didst declare to do unto me this day.

24 And when Cain heard the words which Abel his brother had spoken, behold the anger of Cain was kindled against his brother Abel for declaring this thing.

25 And Cain hastened and rose up, and took the iron part of his ploughing instrument, with which he suddenly smote his brother and he slew him, and Cain spilt the blood of his brother Abel upon the earth, and the blood of Abel streamed upon the earth before the flock.

26 And after this Cain repented having slain his brother, and he was sadly grieved, and he wept over him and it vexed him exceedingly.

27 And Cain rose up and dug a hole in the field, wherein he put his brother's body, and he turned the dust over it."

Does it not appear to go perfectly in harmony with the bible, and give a better understanding. THEN in the bible we hear how Lamech had killed a man and if cain was to be avenged, then Lamech 77 times. But who did he kill? Well in Jasher it says....

(I'll let you read it or look up yourself, but that Lamech accidentally killed cain in a hunting accident)

again seems to go perfectly in harmony with the bible, then it goes on to show how Enoch became very wise and people all over the world went to him for wisdom and understanding. Then it never mentions about angels coming to earth, but that man became very wicked and the flood was due to man.

So in the beginning, book of Jasher teaches man became wicked, and God taught Enoch what to teach mankind, and knowledge.

The book of Jubilees shows that 'watchers', angels involved directly with earth came to earth and defiled themselves. first there was a flood of eden, then the great flood. that watchers (I think that they were told to teach people how to serve god and taught many things, then defiled themselves while on earth)

In the book of enoch, shows how a bunch of rebellious angels made a pact to go to earth, and when there taught sorcery, forbidden things, and had relations with humans. Then they even went to enoch to talk to God on their behalf since he was righteous in Gods eyes. THere was a flooding of cains land when rivers surrounding it flooded. But then the great flood later on.

The "bible" we have, shows that the angels materialized and had relations with humans. Enoch was a rightous person but not details, then flood came.

Many of these other books give details where they are lacking in the bible. What is very much of note in the bible, is you will see how Cain and Seth, their children had very similiar or identical names. Cain's first son was Enoch, and down the line you had from Seth Enoch, who followed God. Cain's son Enoch became of a great nation. In the bible, see how similar so many of the names are, which could be used to deceive and give alternate or counterfeit truths.

It's AMAZING how trying to find a fault in one can be difficult, and how perfect and cover every chance is covered. For example, in the bible we have the years lived by the men. In what I thought could have been a counterfeit, the bible shows that Noahs grandfather died the same year of the flood, and in one of these books shows how he was a true servant of Jehovah, so I thought, AHAHA, now I'll catch a lie, lets see it explained how he died if he was a true servant of God. Well the book that talked about that, mentioned that Jehovah had waited until he died to begin the flood. Okay, so I 'guess' that could be true, it addressed it. That's as much as I will talk about, as I am not giving away anything, but hoping it gets you thinking. Beyond this would only be a one on one basis or with those I know are really seeking the truth and to serve God. At the very least, many other sources can give further insight on teachings. In James he talked about the prophecies of Enoch. Also apostle paul spoke about the 3rd heaven, being paradise or looking like it. (there is an ancient document and verified, which gives insight into what exactly he may have been referring to)

Even though you may have seen untruth, don't forget that the falseness and lies are based on what you were taught scriptures meant. If you allow God and trust in him, you may find much truth, and what you thought were lies can melt away.

I'll leave this at that. I'm not looking for anything, only to give the little push of encouragement that may have been needed for the sheeplike ones to maybe reinvestigate their final conclusions and perhaps go over more then they had before.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Jeremiah, WOW, I wonder if you are in a sense in my situation. As basic as what you said is, that is a very advanced understanding. If you have done anything I've been doing, I would like to private message you with a few questions. That is, if you are still taking in knowledge or have ceased. If you are, then I defintely would like to speak with you.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Personally, I feel like the bible is a work of fiction, written for that time period. But that's just me.

I love my belief system now. It's as far from the jw's as it can be. The jw's brought me nothing but pain.

And i don't want to hear any shit that it's because of imperfect men.

Go preach somewhere else.

blessed be....

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"How perfect the puzzle pieces fit and (obviously was done) by man alone"

There ya go EoM. I fixed it for ya. Try to watch that from now on.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"have not mastered those books or fully understand them, I only started reading and going over many of them several months ago. I don't understand greek or hebrew, though would love to learn them, but I don't think there is time for that. "

HOLY SHIT! I just realized that this is the ghost of Fred Franz! Welcome to the board Fred.

Seriously, I would be giving you much more respect, if you weren't being so douchebaggy.

• crapola
    crapola

FULL OF CRAP!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I understand soonernc, I haven't found a way to talk about this subject at all, without most taking it the wrong way. How do you explain something your 100% sure about, without the other one taking it the wrong way.

That's why I said I didn't deserve what I am knowing, I'm not special, and I am not looking for followers or any to look up to me, but just encourage the best I can to rego through the bible, maybe some other books, and a lot of prayer.

Worldwide all of us humans are family, especially those who WANT to serve God. I'm seeing how the divisions have taken place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit