A question for all ex jws AND JW's here, btw I'm new too

by EndofMysteries 93 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

"I guess there are two kinds of Ex jws. The kind who after leaving believe there is no God or true religion, and want to tell as many as possible, so they can join in on the fun of being able to do 'bad/immoral' things. Then you have those who see things being done and taught against the bible, and out of a true godly fear/conscience leave or are DFed for making public that stuff."

Well, you got maybe 2 of 3,000,000 or so.

I am neither of the above. And I am very X jw. I am an individual, not to be sorted with a simple label like that. I most closely resemble the later of the two choices. But I ended up hating all religion - and the Bible is just a book of silly superstition to me these days. And, oh yea, to every hour you spent 'researching' I spent a month. Many here have.

I hate the supposition of those who arrogantly assume that most that leave are seeking to fornicate and drink and do drugs. No, that stuff goes on inside plenty. No need to leave for that. It is the thinkers who mostly leave.

Jeff

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I don't understand why people insist on taking the bible literally. This book should have to be understood in each generation for it to matter. Why why why do people think their is going to be a literal tribulation, a literal armegeddon, a literal coming of Jesus.

• wobble
    wobble

Because they are literally stupid, and illiterate.

You don't have to go far to learn HOW to read the Bible, if you don't know then look up the threads on here, use "search".

We need patience ,dear LouBelle, I am glad that people were patient with me when I first came on here,but glad too that nobody pulled any punches,they told me as it was, so patience yes,but still give 'em what their opinions deserve !

Love

Wobble

p.s Endof, I am not sure what you are saying is "The Path" to us who have been ,you think, misled ????

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, I don't know 'bout you but I left to do all those bad, immoral things. And loved every minute of it.

What's wrong with drugs, sex and rock n roll?

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit