Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Kathleen Byron in Black Narcissus

There is not another vista in the world - perhaps there is one in heaven - to compare with that giving from the once sumptuous but now derelict monastery housing the Little Sisters in Christ. At the roof of the world one can only expect that all descriptions of breathtaking scenery should be reverently uttered in terms of the superlative degree.

Come to save the materially impoverished but otherwise content infidels whose dwellings are scattered throughout the darkened valley 6000 feet below, these devout brides have left behind cherished family, friends and a saintly but sanitized existence in a civilization that permitted them a modestly comfortable albeit celestial-bound marriage, one unchallenged by the usual mundane heartaches and temptations - a marriage truly made in a heaven.

In spite of wearing a saint's habit, however, not all professing Christ have unreservedly set their heart upon him ...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooooo! oooooo! Yummy! More Coco! More Coco!

LOVE the visual aid!!!

I'm not going to bother finishing Joe Hill's story - sometime I'll do a synopsis - it was just banal and unimaginative, in my opinion.

I think I'll eventually finish my version of "Add to this story, please" about Brad and his closet, and under his bed...

Zid

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dearest CoCo,

Your words are savory and delicious. For some reason (after reading about the Little Sisters in Christ) I am craving a tender, salty, very rare filet mignon.

Oh, dear.

• compound complex
    compound complex

A once cherished hope toward heaven has been irreverently cast aside by this tortured wraith, she who slithers earthward to wrap a lost and lustful man around her crooked little finger ...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Little Sisters in Christ? Is that one of CoCo's stories???

• compound complex
    compound complex

Many thanks, Dears Ziddy and Baba ...

Did you know that this same actress - Kathleen Byron - played the aged mother in Saving Private Ryan ?

Gratefully,

CoCo

• ziddina
    ziddina

Lovely lady... She does a mean "wicked" look...

She would have made the PERFECT "Morticia Addams"!!!

Zid

• musky
    musky

Hello, CoCo

That is an interesting black and white pic.It kind of reminds me of my younger days going door to door with the Watchtower and Awake!.I always thought I could get a pretty good feel for people as soon as they opened the door.I am completely unsure of this one though.

I enjoy your comments and interesting pics.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I am completely unsure of this one though.

Tee hee hee.

Hi, everybody!

I need a hug.

My soul is deeply grieved ...

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Musky and Sylvia, for stopping by ... I appreciate your thoughts, especially that of how you'd deal with that darkened lady at the door, Musky. Never thought of that!

I'm sorry for your grief, Sylvia ... please feel free to share, either here or by PM ... you know we care! Maybe you've already mentioned it elsewhere; I've just arrived but must leave for work.

Love to all of you,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit