Is it sexual harassment...

by keyser soze 129 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Why in the world would you do that????

I am sensitive to make sure that the workplace is friendly to all genders. I may take HR in college yet... Lord knows I have had enough seminars at work....

Besides, I know what the typical @$$ looks like.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Let's get some visualization on the issue here.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Doe

Women have a right to dress feminine, like a woman. A skirt with legs exposed is considered appropriate dress. The argument that this "attracts" unwanted attention is both chauvinistic and illegal.

Exposing body parts or undergarments is another matter entirely.

And as pointed out, it would have to be a consistent pattern, not a one time "misunderstanding".

Thanks for the pics though.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Exposing body parts or undergarments is another matter entirely.

You chauvenist pig!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey, I have to say this is a subject close to my heart.

I work with the most insensitive, rude, mysoginists known to man. I have turned in one or two to HR.

Anywhoo, I am not a big fan of the mistreatment of women. Women haven't been able to make their own rules as men have, and they deserve that right.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I agree with Jeff about being careful what you wear.

When I worked in construction, I was often the only female on site. I always was careful what I wore, and how I talked, realising if you want respect then you have to command it. Several foremen I worked for told me they apppreciated how I handled myself on site. What they said AFTER I left the area, I couldn't care less as long as they were respectful to my face.

Now, I have to wear scrubs for work. I like it, because it's kinda like wearing 'jammies to work!!! But they are definately unattractive.

• John Doe
    John Doe

To recap:

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Replace "look" with "stare" and you just about got it.

Is that a picture of a regular pioneer btw?

• John Doe
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yes, Doe, you should do your companies next HR manual. Don't forget the pictures!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit