Is it sexual harassment...

by keyser soze 129 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sylvia, where did you get that quote? That's the first I've saw of it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

And that's where you lose all credibility.

For the record, I like most heterosexual men, will take a glance at a "prone" backside, EXCEPT at work. I know better. It's reality, and I am a practicing pragmatist. So these are the rules for my job? There you go, followed, done.

At one HR class, our seminar instructor wondered out loud "I wonder when people will realize that the only appropriate physical touching of a person on the job is a handshake? Anything else opens you up to potential harrasment charges."

It isn't anyone's intent that is at issue, it is how your actions could potentially be perceived that is the issue. Knowing this, and that your intent means diddly squat, I accept HR regulations like this as a way of life in the country I live in.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I accept HR regulations like this as a way of life in the country I live in.

I've never been a sheeple. If something is bull spittle, I'm going to speak up and tell you what it is.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    So, okay, she bent over... you looked. Heck, I might have looked because I noticed she was wearing red-checkered drawers under nylon white pants. Okay. But I meant "eyeballing"... not just glancing. I probably should have used "ogling"?

Allow me to clarify what I meant by "check out". Yes I looked, particularly because of what she was wearing, but also because she was bent over. I did not ogle, leer, or stop and stare for an extended period of time. And I didn't make lewd comments to another co-worker about it. I took notice, then went about my business.

• AGuest
    AGuest

It isn't anyone's intent that is at issue, it is how your actions could potentially be perceived that is the issue.

I love you, ATJ! Peace to you!

Shelb

• snowbird
    snowbird

6 posts up from your question, Doe.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

I have a big problem with laws that elevate the standard of care to whatever the world view is of the prudest of prudes in an office. This is patently unreasonable. A reasonable person standard of care would make much more sense, and would eliminate a lot of the bull spit.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    “That’s quite a lovely blouse, Betty Sue, and you look fabulous in it; however, the company policy is that clothing may not be too revealing and since I am the supervisor, I reserve the right to say whether something is too revealing or not. And I believe your blouse is. So, I am sending you home to change. Now, you only have an hour or so, but you should take some time to think about what you’re going to wear instead, so I don’t have to send you home again. Thanks for coming in to see me, girl, and be sure to wear that one to happy hour”

LOL again!

Sylvia

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I looked... I did not ogle, leer, or stop and stare for an extended period of time.

Ahhh, well, then... perhaps I misunderstood your term "check out" (although, sometimes using "cool" terms can lead to misunderstandings... because the vernacular can often mean entirely different things to different people...)

My apologies and peace to you, dear Keyser!

SA, who gets it that you aren't really a "perv"... LOLOLOLOL!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    SA, who gets it that you aren't really a "perv"...

I wouldn't go that far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit