How much was Christ's ransom sacrifice? Equal to Adam?

by jonathan dough 189 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Did the Christians make the world better?

In many, many ways, yes.

It is not literal;

So Moses did not part the Red sea? None of those miracles prior to the Exodus happened? No resurrection of the dead? Is that official Jewish doctrine or did you make this up?

• Satanus
    Satanus

"No resurrection?"

Some jews, the mystical ones, at least are into reincarnation.

S

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Have they formulated a world of ethics like the Jews?

Err, the Golden Rule? Have you ever read the NT? I'm not talking about whether they lived up to it. Do you really consider stoning people to death as enlightened?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Ask Robdar; see what she says.

So you believe that Moses parted the red sea, literally?

That is a fundamental, literalist approach to the Bible; it is why you look down on the jews.

Tell me how Christians have made the world better. Tell me how they have the equivalent idea and practice of mizvah, doing good works, on the same level as jews.

By the way, saying that Jews were backsliding and disappointing to God based on what you read in the OT is indeed antisemitic, and ignorant to boot.

It is not real history; it is the literature of people trying to understand the bad things that happened to them. They put it into a theologized framework, just like the gospel writers invented the birth and death accounts of Jesus, and miracles.

Would Jesus life and death mean anything to you if he did not perform miracles, and if he was not resurrected?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Have they formulated a world of ethics like the Jews?

Err, the Golden Rule? Have you ever read the NT?'

The nt was written by jews.

S

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    So Moses did not part the Red sea? None of those miracles prior to the Exodus happened? No resurrection of the dead? Is that official Jewish doctrine or did you make this up?

You missed the point of what I was saying; that ancient israelites, including those responsible for passing on oral traditions, did not take them literally like you do.

Resurrection is NOT an official belief of jews; some do believe in it but it is a late development, most likely after exposure to other religions.

So you think that everything you believe now, including end times prophecy, is exclusive to jewish and christian thought? Eschaton and apocalytic can be traced to Zoroastrianism, predating christianity; the idea of an immortal soul is greek.

Christianity is a mashup of different religions, including judaism, hellenic influences and zoroastrianism.

And throw in the ancient universal hero story as well.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Jonathan,

I just noticed this thread and did not bother to read all the way through it but the answer is simple. I discussed this at the end of my document in the section Thoughts of Pre-existence. http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/beytrin.htm I am sure you know about it since this was posted in another thread. But just in case you did not read it the answers to this question are there.

Joseph

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Ask Robdar; see what she says.

I asked you.

So you believe that Moses parted the red sea, literally?

That is a fundamental, literalist approach to the Bible; it is why you look down on the jews.

But what is the official position? All of Moses miracles didn't happen? You're evading.

Tell me how Christians have made the world better.

Look Pal, if it weren't for "Christians," Israel would have been wiped off the face of the earth by now. We're (U.S.A.) your greatest allies. How's that for good works? You want to talk about all of the charitable deeds that go on around the world by Christendom? You want to talk about good works?

on the same level as jews.

What world do you live in? Do you have the slightest clue how much good the Christians of the world do? It dwarfs the Jews' contributions.I know, I know, false Christians also do alot of bad.

By the way, saying that Jews were backsliding and disappointing to God based on what you read in the OT is indeed antisemitic, and ignorant to boot.

Page after page after page, a major OT theme is chastisement of the Hebrews. Read if for yourself.

It is not real history; it is the literature of people trying to understand the bad things that happened to them. They put it into a theologized framework, just like the gospel writers invented the birth and death accounts of Jesus, and miracles.

And this is one of the reasons God rejected the Jews. You need to quit smokin that stuff, Kid.

Would Jesus life and death mean anything to you if he did not perform miracles, and if he was not resurrected?

No. What's your point.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

The nt was written by jews

Some were Jews by birth. Some we don't know who wrote.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Resurrection is NOT an official belief of jews;

First century Pharisees believed in the resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit