How much was Christ's ransom sacrifice? Equal to Adam?

by jonathan dough 189 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

So, if Adam was the only one redeemed by Jesus' sacrifice, and Jesus' sacrifice was insufficient to save him from his sins, then according to WTS dogma, Jesus' sacrifice saves no one. That means that everyone is left to try to get saved based on their own merits, goodness, and effort.

How very sad to believe that way. How very terrifying when one knows the depths of sin in one's own heart.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The equation is very simple (and peace to you!):

Adham = half spirit (his Father is the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies)/half earthling man (his mother was the earth, Hagar)... gave the life of his progeny in exchange for him (Adham) to be able to "know" death (i.e., "bad")... and yet live. Like God. His action was for nought, however: although his physical flesh did in fact get to "know" bad (i.e., died)... contrary to the promise he received from the Devil ("you will NOT die")... it not only died but STAYED dead (once death overtook him)... and is dead yet. As a result, of trying to take "authority" that was not GRANTED him... he was given a body... flesh with its blood, which body did not have life, but sin and death IN it. As a result, HE no longer had LIFE... in himself... and so could not pass it on to his progeny.

JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH (Christ) = half spirit (his Father is the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies)/half earthling man (his surrogate mother was the physical woman, Mary)... gave HIS life in exchange for the PROGENY of Adham... to "know" death (i.e., "bad")... and yet live. Like God. His action, however, was successful: although his physical flesh did in fact get to "know" bad (i.e., died)... pursuant to the promise HE received from GOD... ("you will NOT see destruction/the pit")... it not only did NOT stay dead... but was raised up and is ALIVE... NOW. As a result of NOT trying to take "authority" that was not granted to him... but RECEIVING it from the One who has authority to grant it, God, he was given a BODY... flesh with GOD's blood... HOLY SPIRIT... which body has LIFE... IN IT. As a result, because HE has life IN HIMSELF... he CAN... pass on life to ANYONE he wishes.

The "sum," then, is 0, because Adham's action... which brought death to ALL of earthling man... is cancelled out... in Christ... who will bring LIFE... to all those "wishing" it.

It is in this way that Christ can be called "Eternal Father." NOT because he is God... but because he REPURCHASES... FOR GOD... the children [of God] that Adham lost. Adham, the [surrogate] "father" of earthling man, was supposed to hide and PROTECT the seed of the Woman until such time as God could fertilize such seed with HIS seed, holy spirit. Instead, he sold that seed... and thus, God... out. Christ now becomes the surrogate "father" in Adham's place. Such seed SHOULD have received life... through Adham. Now, they ("Israel") will receive life... through Christ. They... and those who go with them.

I bid you peace... and ears the hear the Spirit and the Bride when they say to YOU: "Come! Take life's water... the holy spirit of God, the MOST High God and MOST Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... or Armies... which 'water' is poured out from the innermost past of His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel and His Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... free!"

A slave of Christ,

SA

gave up his children, Christ... who repurchases them... becomes the "father" Adham never was.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

With all due respect, AGuest, there is nothing simple about what you just said, in fact, I found it all but incomprehensible.

The biblical gospel is simple, though not simplistic: Jesus was God, took on human form, lived a perfect life, died as the perfect sacrifice for the sin of everyone who believes, resurrected from the dead, and now reigns over all--any who believe this gospel and call upon Jesus to forgive them will be saved from all their sins, forever.

• RR
    RR

The Watchtower does not believe Jesus died for ALL, only for JW's. They won't admit to this publicly, but privately, it is what is taught. Consider that they taught for decades that their preaching work was the separating of the sheep and the goats, then in 1995, they decided that Jesus is the one who does the separating. But they still believe they play a part.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Jonathan and others;

The teaching of JW's and Bible Students that Jesus was just a perfect man is in error and this error started way back in the days of charles Russell.I will try to clear it up the best I can and as simply as possible;

Russell's view was that Since ADAM was a perfect man and thru his trangression sin and death entered into the world, that the ransom price to be paid for our redemption had to be paid by another perfect man. Thus Christ's life could not have been worth more than Adams.

This is a fatal assumption on his part;

while the price paid had to be AT LEAST equal to the worth of ADAMS life, nowhere does scripture say that The ranson paid could not worth MORE than the life of Adam (a perfect man)

Russell loved to assume things when the answer to him was not clear in scripture. Lets clear it up.

Our Lord Jesus' life as the DIVINE SON of God and the incarnation of GOD himself (emmanuel, meaning "God With Us") was worth far more than that of just one perfect man. That is why the bible says that the price paid by Christ's death was far exceeding what was lost by Adam.

The scriptures are clear that The Ransom paid was NOT LIKE the Transgression at all and far exceeded the value of what was lost in Adam. The Bible calls the Ransom an ABUNDANT provision for this reason;

Romans chapter 5;

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So again, Christ's life had to be at least equal to Adams which it was but according to scripture since the ransom was NOT LIKE the transgression, the ransom was paid in abundance with a life worth far more in value than what was originally lost.

Ask yourself this; Could anyone less than a God really redeem the entire world?

There are too many scriptures to refute Jesus being ONLY a perfect man like Adam but I do not want to hijack this thread for that purpose. Hope this information helps, in Christ Lilly

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Jonathan and others;
    The teaching of JW's and Bible Students that Jesus was just a perfect man is in error and this error started way back in the days of charles Russell.I will try to clear it up the best I can and as simply as possible;

Ummm ... much appreciated and I agree with everything you said. In fact, I'm the one who started the thread with the first post of info from a treatise I wrote on the topic. I go into a bit more detail than you, but we are on the same page. Thanks.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-3.html#15

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Thanks for the link Jonathan, I am going to save it to read later.

I was trying to keep it relatively simple on this thread so others can join the discussion too and add some more detail.

I almost didn't post but I found this topic of great interest. This is my first post on this site in about a year now. So thanks for bringing me out of "semi- retirement", hee, hee

Lilly

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Another Satanist named Robdar?

Another misguided idiot named Jonathan Dough?

You keep saying the witnesses are greatly mistaken. Well, so are you.

Do not use the new testament to interpret the old. I'm jewish and I am here to tell you, you are interpreting my book wrong and backwards. Jews do not interpret Genesis the way you interpret it. BTW, Christians wouldn't have such disagreement among themselves if they would quit trying to make the two testaments mesh. Stick with your own book.

free your mind and your ass will follow.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    How much was Christ's ransom sacrifice? Equal to Adam?

Robdar wrote:

There was no original sin and there was no need for a sacrifice. Therefore, there is no equality and Christ's life was wasted.
    you are interpreting my book wrong and backwards. Jews do not interpret Genesis the way you interpret it. BTW, Christians wouldn't have

such disagreement among themselves if they would quit trying to make the two testaments mesh. Stick with your own book.
  • Robdar
    Robdar

You left out free your mind and your ass will follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit