and now i am

thanks for sharing your news

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

This thread made my day!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

How long had it been approximately since your daughter has talked with you

Flipper I cant remember I think it is about 6 years. I posted when she came after
    the WT told them they could help their old parents after they had been hospitlized
    I was in the hospital with a heart attack. So my daughter that is out of the Wt called & told her.
    she came when I was home ,she was allowed to clean & change my curtains etc: we got along fine
    until I turned on the t.v & June Caldwell was sspeaking about the book "JIM"
    a story of a JW who had aiids.. It was exposing how cruel the WT had been to him.
    Then it became strained. But I am SO grateful today.I have been praying night & day for
    contact...So happy for you too Flipper. ((((HUGS)) to you ALL

• carla
    carla

I'm so happy you finally got to speak with her! I hope it leads to more conversations!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

well I think its despicable that your daughter has ostracised you, - she has a christian duty to look after her mum.( and I am not impying that in the sense of 'looking after')

my sister and I are out and we are discussing how we will take care of mums welfare if she wont really speak to us, but we decided we arent going to give her a choice - mums 65, and a young 65, - but her latest husband is terminally ill., we dont think he has a great deal of time left, Im sorry for mum but there is no love lost. we feel like he stole our mum. - and when she is left alone, she will need support. It bugs me that the cong will sweep in and take over.

the biggest irony with my mum is tragically our brother died in 1983 when he was 19. this was the event that brought my mum 'in'- and yet she is happy to lose all her other kids along the way so she will see David again. - it saddens us.

I am really glad your daughter spoke to you - I hope its the start of something. I love my mum and I wish we could get her back. she taught us to be strong and independent - but we outdid her and it backfired...

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Yay!!! I know how much you miss her. I'm so glad you were able to talk to her! :)

• compound complex
    compound complex

So happy for you, Grace!

Love,

CoCo

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Awww, Granny Grace!!!

I hope this is the start of wonderful things for your relationship with her!!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Outstanding Gracie!!! Wooohoooo!!!! I wish I could have heard you scream her name when you realized who it was...unabashed happiness!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I hope she decides to stay in touch with you now granny. Praying that the relationship between you is healed, even if she stays in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit