Extra Extra read all about it. Study Article PDF to be posted on www.jw.org

by jah1914 64 Replies latest jw friends

• jah1914
    jah1914

@Yadda Yadda\@Ynot - It was a letter to the BOE. I saw the letter he showed it to me early because he said it will be posted on the information board anyway. I have key to the KH(I am still a JW....[pause for appropriate gasps and sounds of displeasure]) and made a copy. It doesn't seem like you can add attachments here or I would post it. I'm not that technically savvy. If you want to provide an e-mail address I can send it to I will.

I think this is a natural progression and eventually in more affluent countries WTS will take this approach. If you think about it they have been setting this up for a couple of years with the Memorial Invitations and Meeting Invitations:

1. Make arrangements with local printers(Office Depot where I am from)

2. Make the congregations incurr the expense of printing custom labels and such.

I could easily see this as a test run to them eventually saying. We will provide the study watchtower electronically, but each congregation is responsible for printing enough copies for the local congregration via the deals they have worked out with printing chains like Office Depot. Get way to shift costs. They currently do this with many of the forms as well. It is recommended that we download the PDF and print it using a local supplier.

They have got to see the vast difference between magazines ordered and magazines place in more affluent areas.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This is the bit I want confirmed, jah1914

.... The file will include a cover sheet with the publishers’ information in the header ....

Some of our posters want to rephrase this bit to mean something other than what it says in good English grammar.

A scan, or just confirmation that it is accurate would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You have a pm jah1914

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

jah1914, check your pm please.

• yknot
    yknot

pming you too!

• undercover
    undercover
    (I am still a JW....[pause for appropriate gasps and sounds of displeasure])

ahahaha...I like that.

"harumph harumph harumph harumph"

"I didn't get a 'harumph' outa that guy"

• jah1914
    jah1914

@BlackSheep - I agree with you. Too much is being read into the letter. I think it just means info identifying the publishers of the magazines. You know all that crap at the bottom bout who is the president, secretary and the copyright info........

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

I can't wait to be able to say - "Did you print this from the INTERNET? You can't trust anything that comes off of the internet!"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

jah1914...agreed more is being read into this letter than needed

• carla
    carla

a savvy person could use the many different cloaking devices couldn't they? just now learning about them so maybe one of our more computer literate posters could elaborate for me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit