In the Interests of Unity Between us Brits and You Yanks...

by creativhoney 221 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

oh and never heard of knickers in a bunch its knickers in a twist.

you would wait in a queue at the supermarket and go to the Loo

Holiday is when you go off on vaca yes but time off from work is also a holiday,

Dag Nabit this is so darn educational.

• undercover
    undercover
    I've heard you have squatter's rights in England. No such thing here.

Actually we do have forms of squatter's rights, more properly called "adverse possession".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Have you ever enjoyed a spot of tea?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Do you like spotted dick?

• undercover
    undercover

Our car engine is under the hood, Brits are under the bonnet. I think the hood is the roof over there.

We have windshields, Brits have windscreens.

We have trunks, Brits have boots.

• highdose
    highdose

somthing that anoys me about US made films when they portray the Uk is that they always show london in the winter as having New York style snow , which never ever happens!!!!!

The people featured are always posh/ upper middle class, nearly always anyway. Always with bad dress sense too, and the street dress of the brits in london is some of the best and most ground breaking in the world.

oh and they always think that everyone is somehow related to a lord or lady and we all have some stately home to go to where we get married, or where people get murdered.

rant over...

Oh! one more thing! in 101 Dalmations they showed chipmunks as being part of a english forest! ... spot the flaw....?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

BluesBrother asked

"What about the words "closet" & "fawcet" and ever since I heard it in a film ....what (dare I ask), is a fanny pack???"

Closet: is a where you hang your clothes

Faucet:is where the water comes out in the sink/tube

Fanny pack: the ugliest waist purse/wallet ever invented

Okay my turn....

What is a moggy and a scabby?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

@magwitch I dont think anyone says cell phone over here unless they are a pretentious git who comes back from a visit to USA with a pretend accent (you know the kind) and yea its mobile pronounced 'mow-byle' not 'moble'

gar-edge not gah-rarrge and we say our t's as t's in the middle of words and not d's like bottle is not boddle. - unless you are lazy or common and then you say - i cant even type it but you miss the ts out altogether, and kind of say boh-lle with a definite break between sylables. - now if you are super commoon you will say boccle, but thats just nasty.

what about council estates, our American cousins? what say you on those?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

a moggy is a cat. scabby is just something covered with scabs, ie the crust that forms over a wound.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I do enjoy a spot of tea and I dont like spotted dick its spongy full of currants and old people eat it in care homes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit