In the Interests of Unity Between us Brits and You Yanks...

by creativhoney 221 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

This is a bloody good thread. Wot! Wot!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I say, old chap, this a jolly good discussion.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Ha Ha Ha. I dont think I have ever seen anyone wear a bowler hat. I think they did in 1910.. erm my teeth arent bad you saw my facebook photo. it does rain a lot that I agree with, and I do drink tea a lot. I dont like to run around topless unless required, we do say wot, but not eh wot, more like what? what you on about? wanker is a fun word, but I dont really use it. I suppose your equivalent is jerk off?

and as for being knocked up in the morning, ha ha I didnt get the inference of that until now, probably because its not an expression I would use, but I have heard it said. I'd say Ill get you up..

slang is different everywhere you go, and accents and dialects are really diverse here from one town to the next.. Cockney Rhyming slang I only think Dick Van Dyke used that lol, but in manchester there is some weird slang, that people from elswhere would stare at you blankly over ..

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

yes keyser I sense you sensed the irony in my opening statement

• sacolton
    sacolton

Magwitch, you bet! There's several Kingdom Halls to visit!

Other than that ... check out our Bricktown area (downtown Oklahoma City) for fun and dining. Our best shopping mall is Penn Square and the northside offers Quail Springs Mall and many surrounding stores. Want a good steak? Check out Cattlemens Steakhouse. We have it all.

Oklahoma welcomes you!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    yes keyser I sense you sensed the irony in my opening statement

You mean brits don't really speak like that? Who knew.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Yep, us southerners don't like being called Yanks! Never have understood why peeps from Canada, Brittain, and Australia call all Americans that?!

Pissed in Brittain means drunk right? Pissed here means we're angrier than hell...

I hate what ya'll call cigarettes

And...just why is every thing so "bloody"! lol

• sacolton
    sacolton

Are the streets in Britain still cobblestones?

We put TIRES on our cars. Brits put TYRES on their cars (and drive on the wrong side of the road for some reason)

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

H.P stands for hire purchase. its a credit agreement when you buy something, say a TV and pay monthly, but unlike a credit card or a store card, if you fail on payments they can take the goods back.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

LOL @ Robdar. THAT is funny!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit