In the Interests of Unity Between us Brits and You Yanks...

by creativhoney 221 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I say 'righteo' sacolton ...I also tend to say 'jolly good', 'jolly nice', 'jolly well done' etc

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

probably cos you're a toff from worcestershire :-p

• sacolton
    sacolton

Bloody good, old chap. Pip. Pip.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I love the brits! They have the best sense of humor in the world. Besides Benny Hill and Monty Python, Rumpole of the Bailey (a a myriad of others) they gave us King George III. What a riot he was! (I khow. Leo Kern was an Aussie, but the show was absolutely British).

We've learned a ton of things from the Brits, too. Things like how not to run a Country, how not to make a car, how not to make a motorcycle, and what not to eat for a meal. Mostly they've taught us not not to manage a revolution. They've given us Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Laurence Olivier, Charles Laughton, Alfred Hitchcock, Michael Caine, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Sharon Stone, and Reese Witherspoon, to name a very few.

They've most certainly shown us what king of real estate NOT to get when one wants to settle down and start a new Country.

I have 90% British blood in my veins and am damn proud of it. I'd fight alongside the Brits in any war they would need to fight to protect their homeland. Most Americans would do the same, I think.

Farkel

• sacolton
    sacolton

... and Jack The Ripper is still loose somewhere in White Chapel too!

• sacolton
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Do Americans say knackered?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Re Ninja saying he "stays in a close", this is unique to Scotland, in England we would just say "I live in a...." well, actually, we don't have closes down here either.

We live on the same island and we can't agree. Never mind the differences between England and the U.S!

• restrangled
    restrangled

ONE more....

The Brits and just about everyone else uses the PAL system, and the good ole USA uses NTSC. That is what is broadcast on your television. We just changed to High Definition, but still not as high Def as PAL....kind of like inches vs the centimeters.

We're never going to get it.

r.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, but we still drive on the right side of the road.

Oh, wait a minute ... high definition is 1080p. That's far higher than PAL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit