Disfellowshipped and Armageddon

by IMHO 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Absolutely! Only God above can read the true hearts and desires of man...and buy Sham-Wows.

sooner

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Sooner wrote: "and buy Sham-Wows"

Never!!! Reject sham-wows and only buy real wows. Also, don't settle for sham-poo when you can have the real thing for free!

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is incredible how transparent the "control by fear" is when you you are out. When you are in, it can dominate every action you take in your life, what type of job you take, who you associate with even what you eat and drink. The thought of everlasting life is not a "hope" it becomes a fear, a fear of "what if I don't make it?".

Any lurkers here who are worried about whether they are about to be put on god's "hit list", please realise he doesn't expect you to worship in fear of your life, it is the self appointed, uncaring men who call themselves the FDS and it's governing body who place these unreasonable demands and fears on you.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

It is incredible how transparent the "control by fear" is when you you are out. When you are in, it can dominate every action you take in your life, what type of job you take, who you associate with even what you eat and drink. The thought of everlasting life is not a "hope" it becomes a fear, a fear of "what if I don't make it?".

Any lurkers here who are worried about whether they are about to be put on god's "hit list", please realise he doesn't expect you to worship in fear of your life, it is the self appointed, uncaring men who call themselves the FDS and it's governing body who place these unreasonable demands and fears on you.

Everyone will make it, have no fear. The fear of GOD means the beginning of wisdom and knowledge (paraphrased). It is true, many organized religions control by fear. Give me your money and I will pray that GOD does not destroy you.

GOD's law are put forth as a safeguard to those that obide by them. Without law and order, chaos exists which causes fear to those that obey law. Those that do not obey the law create disorder, and cause problems in the world. It has been proven.......

t.f.d.s.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My greatgrandfather survived Armageddon

My grandfather survived Armageddon

My father survived Armageddon

I survived Armageddon

My kids survived Armageddon

When is it now??

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The way the BORG changes the rules those who don't have time for a shepherding call might not make it.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

My greatgrandfather survived Armageddon

My grandfather survived Armageddon

My father survived Armageddon

I survived Armageddon

My kids survived Armageddon

When is it now??

It already happened.......Armageddon is the "heavenly" war which took place coincidental with the war in The Middle East........satan and the demons lost b.t.w.

t.f.d.s.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

What exactly is everyone expecting to happen? The wild beast coming after you and putting you to death? The nations turning on religion? Well guess what, this happened to those in The Middle East against the offspring of Abraham (along with others). The destruction of ungodly men is associated with mens "WAR". Not at The Hand of GOD.......

t.f.d.s.

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

All good questions, since Jehovah is Love we can be sure his judgement will be just. The heart condition is of course very important and he will take into account every situation so it is hard to just generally label what will happen with each group.

As a form of disclaimer, these are just my thoughts and they should be taken as such. I am not representing the whole organization nor do I want to even attempt to do so.

Will a disfellowshipped person survive Armageddon?

Being disfellowshipped is a form of discipline and does not mean that Jehovah does not love that person. If the person has a good heart and has taken some steps to rectify his/her conduct, then I'm more than sure Jehovah will give that person an opportunity.

Will a disassociated person......?

This one is tough because there are extenuating circumstances to why someone will make this decision. Jehovah will analyze each situation and will always look for an excuse to forgive.

Will an inactive person.....?

Again, depends on the situation. Why did the person become inactive? Jehovah knows all so he is the best place to decide.

Will a weak person......?

I believe we are all weak in one way or another since we are imperfect. Even someone that might appear to be strong spiritually will have weak moments, days, or longer. I am sure Jehovah will save these.

Will someone how has shown no interest in 'the truth'....?

Unfortunately, they had an opportunity and if they don't seize it then there are consequences. The people in Noah's days had about 50 years to make a decision to enter the ark. They didn't. The egyptians had an opportunity that many of them took to join Jehovah's people after they were liberated. The Canaanites had 400 years to make changes and they had knowledge of Jehovah. The Gabaonites took advantage of this opportunity that Jehovah gave and found way to not be destroyed. Jesus gave instructions about the coming destruction of Jerusalem and those that followed the instructions survived.

So Jehovah always gives opportunities.

Will someone who has rejected 'the truth'....?

Could there be some extenuating circumstances for rejecting the 'the truth' or the organization? That is something that Jehovah will take into account. Some have mental problems that are out of their control. Some have been deeply hurt or offended and Jehovah must take that into account. So there is not a yes/no answer, each individual case is different. But, if someone is openly campaigning against Jehovah's organization, that person will not survive.

Will somone in 'the truth' but leading a double life....?

If this is happening at the time Armageddon hits, I think it would be a tough sell for that person to get Jehovah to be merciful. But you never know. Look at the case of Manasseh (spelling?) in the Bible.

I want to add a couple of more questions to your list if I may.

Will a practicing Jehovah's Witnesses survive Armageddon?

Once again, it is not guaranteed. The once that is faithful until the end will be saved. Also Jehovah will examine their heart condition and what really motivates him to serve.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Before it happened to me, I used to believe (like most JWs) that disfellowshipped people were different. They had rejected the "truth" and were tainted, no longer part of the borg, their thinking and behaviour had changed completely. They no longer had a relationship with god. They deserved to be DF'd and therefore deserved to die at Armageddon. If I came in contact with a DF'd person I would shiver in horror because they were worse than the worst worldly people!

Of course then when I was DF'd I realized how ridiculous this was. I was the same person. I hadn't changed. I still believed the same JW garbage and lived by the same moral code. I knew I had the same relationship with god that I had always had and that he was not going to destroy me just because the elders said so.

After these elders put me and my family through hell for the next year and a half I began to wonder whether elders who took pleasure in hurting lesser JWs would survive Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit