Disfellowshipped and Armageddon

by IMHO 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

1 John 4:18: "There is no fear in love..."

Love is the basis of true Christianity. If your religion uses fear tactics to force conformity then it is unChristian.

Besides, Armageddon is never once described as a judgment upon individuals. Revelation clearly says it involves the Kings of the earth and God. Unless you're a king of the earth preparing to oppose Christ when he arrives, you have little to worry about.

"Be excellent to each other!" (Bill & Ted) If you're doing this fairly regularly then you're on God's side.

• parakeet
    parakeet

By their own interpretation of scripture, NO dub will survive Armageddon. The scripture that they love to quote about it being better to be thrown in a lake of fire rather than stumble another dub? -- I don't know of a single dub who at least occasionally has not gossiped, shocked, bullied, snubbed, hurt, ignored or otherwise "stumbled" another dub.

They're ALL goin' down!

(Footnote: Armageddon is based on a work of fiction. Any resemblance to reality is unintentional, and the author bears full responsibility for any confusion this may cause.)

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

no the answer is, a person who has lived a good life and always been kind to others, but isnt a JW WONT survive armageddon,

neither will the DFd one if they asked a valid question that questioned the teachings

BUT

the pedo and serial rapist who comes in at the last minute WILL.

up yours Mother Teresa..

• feeling good
    feeling good

If there is a Armageddon, it will be Jehovah and only Jehovah to make that decesion. Jehovah is LOVE and he sees our hearts.

No man or organization can decide.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Shepherd:

great explanation of all situations --- bottom line Jehovah is the Judge - no matter what org says -- however, I do agree with the examples given of those who refused to take heed after many warnings.. even the nation of Israel was to be cast off many, many times to the point where Moses had to talk Jehovah out of destroying them for their bad ways.. his speech in Deuteronomy is eye opening. See Deuteronomy 7:7 9:14 especially

9:25 where Moses interceeded for the nation and Jehovah listened to him.. I hope someone - Jesus will be there to interceed for me

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Besides, Armageddon is never once described as a judgment upon individuals. Revelation clearly says it involves the Kings of the earth and God. Unless you're a king of the earth preparing to oppose Christ when he arrives, you have little to worry about.

Great reasoning ! ! !

t.f.d.s.

• parakeet
    parakeet

feelinggood: If there is a Armageddon, it will be Jehovah and only Jehovah to make that decesion. Jehovah is LOVE and he sees our hearts.

A God of love would not kill 6 billion people, many of whom have never heard of dubs. Your definition of God is at odds with his intended actions.

In your other thread you said you had doubts. Add this one to your list.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Actually, yes, it is a judgment: "Then the third angel poured out his bowl into the rivers and the springs of waters; and they became blood. And I heard the angel of the waters saying, 'Righteous are You, who are and who were, O Holy One, because You judged these things; for they poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. They deserve it.' And I heard the altar saying, 'Yes, O Lord God, the Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.'" (Revelation 16:4-7)

And yes, a third of humanity will not survive even just one of the judgments (ie the three plagues): "A third of mankind was killed by these three plagues, by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which proceeded out of their mouths. " (Revelation 9:18)

I hate bearing bad news...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It depends who is asking, and the context.

When they write a "motivating" article in the K M , the answer is "NO" on all counts -

When they write a study WT on Mathew 24 ;14 & Matt 28 ;19-20 , the answer is "No" on all counts

When asked directly by the media, or even worse, a court of law, the answer is "We must wait on Jehovah and Jesus to judge the people's hearts"

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

You judged these things; for they poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink.

Who is it that poured out the blood of the saints and prophets if not those that engage in warfare? It is written one who lives by the sword shall also die by it.

t.f.d.s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit