Do you regret confessing your sins to the elders?

by asilentone 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Happy@last, I knew an elder like you; he was one of the fellas on my old JC, as a matter of fact.

Guys like him and you can hardly ever be found in the WTS, these days, I think.

Company Men (and barely qualified ones, at that) are pretty much all that's left.

• millie210
    millie210

Worst thing I ever did. I ended up being publically reproved for something that wasnt even judicial. By the time that all became clear the announcement had already been made.

As if it couldnt get any worse, NO ONE was willing to admit that a mistake had been made. They knew it had happened and even told me so "off the record" but not one word of explanation or apology. Not the CO and not the elders involved.

Apparently the flock is supposed to confess and take whatever punishment is deemed necessary but the elders dont have to clear up their "mistakes".

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't let things go to JC status. :)

Hey I was reading JWfacts story, and I noticed he was able to get all of the documentation on him they had at the branch in Australia. Is there something like that here in the USA? A freedom of information act for religious authority? I would be interested very much in doing that. I am still a member officially, and wish to remain so. i am sure it would be looked down on, but still....I really could give a crap.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I regret it bigtime. I was young, stupid and horny and got seduced by a wordly woman from my work, but it was all over as soon as it started, at a time when ironically my social life in the organisation was going great and I had a big crush on this lovely JW sister I was interested in. But like the brainwashed, naive young twit that I was, I confessed to the heartless elders who disfellowshipped me because I skipped the meetings for 3 months out of guilt. It pretty much fucked me up getting mercilessly screwed over by the organisation I'd served all my life like that. I think it traumatised my psychologically and its when I subconsciously threw the towel in.

My advice: NEVER GO TO THE ELDERS IF YOU'VE SINNED AND KNOW IT WAS WRONG, ITS NOT WORTH THE SHOWER OF SHIT YOU BRING ON YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY. Don't play by their merciless, harsh judicial rules, it doesn't mean a thing with God. Just listen to your conscience, make your peace with God privately, put it behind you and and move on without guilt.....

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Never confessed anything to them except that the WT was full of crap.

Oh believe me, they did their best to fill in the blanks. I know my mom thought I was slutting it up (she gave me the Watchtower on sex) and thought I was on drugs.

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/218323/1/The-Prodigal-son-rejected
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/218612/1/How-Judicial-Committees-Violate-Individual-Privacy

My thoughts on the matter are above. But in short, BIG TIME!

Of course, I would not have awakened to TTATT otherwise. I wish there had been another way.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I wish the lack of care or fear I have now I'd had back then - mind control making you feel compelled to confess things that are no ones business and not even 'wrong'

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Glad I never made this mistake! I wouldn't tell them shit.

There's telephone, telegraph and tell-an-elder. After that he tells his wife and then she gets on the phone. Well...you know the rest.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oh yeah, big mistake!

The elders are NOT your friends.

00DAD

• krejames
    krejames

I confessed five times and had 5 JCs lol. At least one of those was over the most trivial incident that most normal people would laugh at, but at the time I was a guilt-ridden wreck. The last JC was over a year ago. Do I regret it? Yes and no. In a way it was part of my whole "coming out" experience. I feel a bit embarrassed at the amount of crying and sobbing I did to 3 people (well, five all told) who would never understand because they were looking at the issue through WT eyes. I feel that I will be forever under scrutiny if I were to remain in the cong. But I do feel that most of the elders involved cared and tried their best to understand - well if they didn't care at the sight of someone having a psychological breakdown in front of them then they really would have been heartless i guess. I really did "feel the love" at the time.

I think now at least two of them have lost patience/interest because I'm not going out on service or answering up or joining the school despite the "shepherding" and I don't get involved socially. My attitude now is very different from a year ago and I don't think I could ever confess anything to them ever again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit