Do you regret confessing your sins to the elders?

by asilentone 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

Cool! No stress :)

• Gregor
    Gregor

"Casting thy pearls before swine", comes to mind. When i was on the JC we always felt great when some poor soul came in (because they had been caught or confessed to some grevous sin, like masturbation) and we could set there and channel the WT bullshit and go home feeling pious and holy.

In my final transition out of the cult, I am at peace with myself (25 yrs later) for putting THEM on the defensive when they called me in like a bunch of hyenas looking for a wounded victim to ravage. I told them, in so many words, to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and I've never looked back.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I wish I hadn't. I wish I had had the courage to just walk away from my marriage and the JWs.

• wizardca
    wizardca

My sins? Never confessed that! I did rat someone out because they were using me to be their alibi. Wish I hadn't. Oh well.

• Awen
    Awen

I don't regret it, because it was my first step away from the Organization. I even told the Elders to disfellowship me as I felt it was correct since I no longer believed JW's had or ever had the Truth. I pointed out to them how their judicial committe wasn't in line with scripture, because King David confessed his sins to God on more than one occasion and Paul says that matters of this nature are to be brought to the attention of the entire congregation IF the first and second set of witnesses doesn't bring the person to his senses and he/she is unrepentent. So they were adding to the Bible, something condemned in the scriptures.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I've done it when I was young in the troof and only 19 at the time. Very humiliating and I wish I could go back just couple years before that and I wouldn't have to be here still pissed at wts. Either way I was never publicly reproved but lost the "privileges" of being a total slave for the Brooklyn scum.

My wife still takes my son to the meetings most of the time and she knows that he has no right to ever sit down in private with elders without me - the apostate! So I don't ever see that happen especially since he knows this is a fraud religion and only goes with my wife to somewhat make her happy :(

JC are pure crap, telling elders the details of what exactly happened and who touched who, where and when - WTF! Is that going to determine if one is to get DF or reproved? Totally inappropriate questions that have no merit!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wish I kept my trap shut. I remember one JC and an eldr who had it for me took the opportunity to gets some verbal shots in. I threatened to leave but I knew at that point the cat was already out of the bag

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

For me, it was a necessary part of my path out of the JWs. I needed to know I had tried it "Jehovah's Way" (tm). Too bad it took half a lifetime to see it for what it is.

I couldn't have said that more beautifully!!!!! After everything blew up in my life, I just felt that I HAD to confess...of course I honestly believed that Jehovah had pulled his Holy Spirit from me (although 'good' things were still happening to me) and that if I didn't confess, i would NEVER be able to serve him wholeheartedly. I will admit - confessing EVERYTHING I had ever done really was freeing in a sense. Only because I finally didn't have to carry ALL that crap on my shoulders anymore - but it was painful to have to divulge so much personal stuff to 3 men who had no idea what emotional state I was suffering in. Fortunately, the elders on my JC didn't ask personal questions like I've heard MANY stories of them doing to others...but 2 of the 3 elders 'had it out' for me as it was, and although i specifically ASKED that they not be on my committee - of course they were both given my life in their power and BOY did they take advantage of that. Both said some pretty harsh and cruel things...which is sad, because when someone comes forward they are typically at their lowest point and the very last thing they need is soemone beating them down even more. Thing is, had all of that nonsense NOT have happened, I would still be 'in' the org and living a double life is sooooo tiring. NO longer have to worry about that now!

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I also agree with whomever said that pulling young people (under age of 18) into JC's and having their PARENTS as witnesses there to hear every little details is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disgusting. I'm sorry!! As an adult it's traumatic enough, but a kid....ugh...I can't imagine.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I never did. When I was a believing JW, I didn't do anything I felt warranted a confession to the elders. When I stopped believing, I felt no need to confess anything to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit