Do you regret confessing your sins to the elders?

by asilentone 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I do! I did it 20 years ago, but the elders still remember what I did, sometimes I wish they never knew about it.

• blondie
    blondie

No pearls before swine in my opinion; never met an elder's body that didn't have some chatty cathy elder on it.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Any grown man or woman who goes to an elder body & discloses things of an intimate nature are extreemly foolish in my opinion.

The thing that gets me is the parents of say an 18 year old daughter allowing their kid to sit in a room with 3 older men, 'confessing' things of a sexual nature.

It's just perverse.

• trueblue
    trueblue

After I have seen that the elders keep written reports and letters, and have seen them bring up things more then 40 years old I know better then to tell them anything.

If their Jehovah has a book of memory of the good that you do for him and the bad is put behind him to never be brought up again then why do they need to keep records? Because they do not have Jehovah's backing is what that tells me.

As far for the Elders I would like to tell them, "If you have an erection lasting more then four hours you should consault your doctor."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never reported my "sins" to the hounders, since I already knew the answers they were going to give. And I knew what scriptures they were going to use (out of context) to back up their position, and continually hound me to make sure I am taking the directives.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I only confessed once to them and was publicly reproved. Will I confess any of my sins to them now? Highly doubt it! They do hold your past sins against you and use it to their advantage so as to keep from being "spiritually weak".

Agrees with Jambon. I hear those closet freaks love tantalizing sex tales and if a female sits before a JC on a sex matter, they want her to be as detailed as possible. Very sick indeed!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I did it once and was privately counseled, not reproved at all. I don't recommend testing how much a relief in a windstorm they would provide, because they would fail miserably, from my experience.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I did it. One of the most humilating things I ever did. Then the elder wanted to know the man's name. I said, you don't know him. The elder said, "is his name Carlos?" I said, "No" He asked me that a couple of times. I think part of the reason I got df'd was because I wouldn't admit to "Carlos".

lisa

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

God do I ever!!! That one thing I think that changed my world all together! Geez I was so nieve!

I was taking it like they were counselors... but geez was I wrong. I been to counselors and know it's nothing like it. What you say effects their judgement on weither you are worthy enough to be a Jehovah's Witness! (to all the newbies on here) It's not right at all... You can't trust man!! That's a fact. You keep your secrets to yourself... if you know whats good for you, pray about them with God and make your ajustments. If you need to let out something do it in a safe envorment and someone looking out for your well being that you can trust!!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Mostly due to having been hauled in for a "library party" for someone else's fuck ups, I never confessed anything to the elders. If they felt it was acceptable to charge me with every crime that had ever been rumored about me even though I wasn't involved in the issue at hand, I had a pretty damn good idea what would happen if I told the truth or shared any questions with them. Seriously, they brought me in to ask about a situation I wasn't involved in and put the heat to me like I was on trial, WTF? I also had the advantage of having my dad being an elder, so I already knew these guys and how they thought and worked. Based on how well the masturbation talk went with dad when I was 12, I made sure to keep my mouth shut from there on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit