Do you regret confessing your sins to the elders?

by asilentone 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

couldn't be bothered about it now. It doesn't matter.

• plumberford
    plumberford

They have no right to know my personal life! its true they file it and keep it for ever

• jam
    jam

Single sister confess to elders, two married one

single. Dating a worldly man, he dumps her(the worldly guy)

her conscious get the best of her. She tells all and in detail.

A year later she marry the single elder. I guess he herad

enough, that,s the woman for me.LOL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not really.

I think they're all passed away by now.

Plus the things I confessed about way back then don't seem like too big of a deal, these days.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I do regret it because everything I ever did wrong was fornication or adultery. Not sure what that says about me, but I feel very strongly that many elders in my 4 different JC meetings (over the years) likely enjoyed some of what they heard. Some were even close in age to me and I knew their wives and felt confident the elders I spoke with were probably not satisfied in the bedroom. And I was pretty open. They never stopped me. My ex husband at his JC meeting (when he and I first got together, I was married) was asked how often he and I 'did it'. He told them. The COBE said, "Where do you get the time?" Lol. I once hurt a friend of mine very much because I honestly felt I was helping him spiritually by ratting on him. He forgave me later. Thank god.

Today, no, I would not tell them a thing. It reminds me of how German citizens were telling on their neighbors and friends and anyone they thought was doing something against the country during Hitler's rule. Idk why. But that's what I always think of.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

You are aware that these sins were recorded with some Secretarys, put away in a safe-box, Secretary's home or the Kingdom Hall safe.

I thought this was wrong policy if the sins were not super-evil, evil sins that merit police involvement needed to be reported to the coppers. Elders and some naging hens know your sins from their husband's loose lips after drinking, or the token used for sexual payment to his big nose wife, who demanded good gossip for basic sex.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

never confessed anything to anybody, they got nothing on me

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL @ jam . . . that's quite a story.

From fornicator to Elder's wife in a year. That's gotta be some sort of record.

And the only instance I know of a confession with a positive outcome (sort of).

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

When pressed for details instead of the usual "was alcoholinvolved" question, he liked what he heard.

Did she tell him she was good at the "oral review". she like strange sex and liked it alot?" She passed his interview with flying colors and now this elder is getting his world rocked. That's my theory, I'am stickin to it!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Unfortunately I was the approachable elder and heard loads of confessions. These ones genuinely believed they had sinned against god and it bothered them. After counsel given either privately or at JC meetings I'd always say not to think about it anymore and not beat themselves up. I never agreed with DFing but did once where the person had basically lied to the whole cong and they were about to find out. He was reinstated soon after!

I've also never told a soul about these confessions, if someone tells me in confidence that's the way it stays.

I hated JC meetings, so glad I'm away from all that nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit