If You Never Were A JW What Religion Do You Think You Would've Been In?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

A cosmic pantheist like Albert Einstein or Carl Sagan

Villabolo, did you mean me, or my grandpa????

Albert

• willyloman
    willyloman

We've come to realize that if it hadn't been the JWs who came into our lives when they did, we'd have attached ourselves to whoever showed up claiming to have all the answers. Some of us just have a "hole in our soul" that needs filling, due to growing up in a dysfunctional family with no values and no direction. We were looking for something "better" and along came a really nice woman who seemed to have it together. If she'd been a Mormon, a Pentecostal, or a Soccer Mom, we'd have joined her church or taken up sports.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Oops, double post.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was unreligious, leaning toward atheism before I became a dub.
    I am unrelgious, leaning toward atheism now.

I imagine if I never became a dub, I would have been unreligious, leaning toward atheism.

• minimus
    minimus

Our JW background has affected our desire to be in any organized religion.

My daughter has expressed the view that with 2 kids, she should look into some religion to give them a sense of spirituality. Any suggestions???

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would have had no interest in religion. For my mother it is an emotional crutch and it was superimposed upon me.

• minimus
    minimus

Some people NEED to believe in something.

• dinah
    dinah

Most of my extended family are Baptists. My Dad just isn't a religious person, so who knows?

• greenie
    greenie

Minimus - maybe try a Universalist or Unitarian church? That way, all religions are ok, explored and none condemned.

I don't think wanting to be part of a church is a form of weakness, it just has to do with personality. For example, professionally, I am not entrepreneurial. I'd rather go work for an well-established company that is respected and treats its employees well and where there's room for upward growth and promotion. I would not want to start my own business. I suppose I feel the same way about religion.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well since a relative of mine in 1692 Rebecca Nurse
    was hanged on Gallows Hill .She was a Christian...
    She had 8 kids.Her hubby was a constable
    but three girls accused her of witchcraft...i think it may be
    on Google.

So I probably would be considered a witch.
    But I say I am Christian

But I think a few of you has considered me the former >WITCH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit