If You Never Were A JW What Religion Do You Think You Would've Been In?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My family were all Catholics. I think I would've been one simply because I was raised in it and even if I didn't agree with EVERYTHING, I would still be able to talk to my friends and family.

I would think I'd be a Catholic in name only. "Religion" doesn't get me excited.

• Robdar
    Robdar

My dad's family were Baptists and my mom's Church of God. I was doomed whether they converted to JWs or not. Having always empathized with the Jews, I probably would have converted to Judaism before I did. But then again, maybe not.

• poppers
    poppers

I was raised a Catholic too, and there was a lot of guilt when it came to breaking away from it. One example: missing a mass without a valid reason was a "mortal sin", and would condemn you to hell if not confessed. Not taking the "sacraments" was another guilt inducing burden. Even now on the rare occassion when I'm at a Catholic service like a wedding, not taking communion brings back those old feelings of guilt. What a bunch of hooey. I never did join another religion.

• flipper
    flipper

I would have been in no religion at all. Even as a witness I doubted organized religion had good motives . I felt it was all about control and power over people. I didn't fit in with the witnesses because my basic personality is I'm an individualist . I don't feel the need to belong to a group just to feel better about myself. I think I would have been free my entire life rather than be in any religion

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Hopefully none.

In my country (czech) everybody is an atheist and being member of any religion makes you look weird. (Just me - complete idiot - wanted to be something special, when I was a teenager, so I joined the only true religion...)

Albert

• PEC
    PEC

I would be an Atheist, logic and science, always beat, superstition and ignorance.

Philip

• Casper
    Casper
    I would have been in no religion at all.

I agree with Mr. Flipper, I seriously doubt I would have become involved in any religion at all. I really didn't have any Bible knowledge before becoming a witness, so was easy prey.

I think I would have been happy to just coast along in my ingorance.

Cas

• minimus
    minimus

Wanting to be in a religion isn't important to us but it is to many others because they NEED it for security.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I would be pretty much what I am now. A cosmic pantheist like Albert Einstein or Carl Sagan.

villabolo

• Robdar
    Robdar

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan was hot! I still get shivers when I think of his wide forehead and the frontal lobes behind it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit