If You Never Were A JW What Religion Do You Think You Would've Been In?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I could see, WITCH.

Unitarian sounds like a possibility.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My daughter has expressed the view that with 2 kids, she should look into some religion to give them a sense of spirituality. Any suggestions???

IMO, spiritual journeys are not really taken until the person is ready.
    It is difficult for us former JW's to suggest a path for someone ready to start one, because our paths were so difficult/different.
    I think it is not all that important to "give them a sense of spirituality" as much as it is to give them a sense of morality and pride and belonging.

As a rationalist, I believe that science has provided enough of the answers as to how we got to be here and what our beginnings were. What someone typically means when they are unreligious and wanting to give some guidance to someone is that they are looking for the answer to "Where are we going after this life?" Kids are not really that into such a question- they feel immortal until they get older.

Get them into scouts or tree-hugging or saving the planet or volunteering at animal or human shelters. Whatever floats her boat. Let her do her own spiritual search to decide where that will take her. Let the kids do that on their own when they are older.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Unitarian sounds like a possibility.

NO that is another Cult ....Witch is better

• asilentone
    asilentone

My guess would be Baptist. (strictly a guess) My high school friends were Baptists, they tried to invite me to play softball long time ago in the Church Field, My parents say NO NO NO.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

My grandparents were atheist, my parents JWs. Degeneration?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was unreligious, leaning toward atheism before I became a dub.
    I am unrelgious, leaning toward atheism now.

I imagine if I never became a dub, I would have been unreligious, leaning toward atheism.

OTWO, How long do you plan on "leaning" or are you leaving a back door open for when you are in an overwhelming crises?

NTTAWWT

• Satanus
    Satanus

Either a shaman or a gigolo. They're almost the same thing, anyway, no?

S

• 2aTap
    2aTap

Bush Baptist!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No religion--the born agains tried to get me to go once, but I never showed up (and that was the end of that deal).

• mouthy
    mouthy

the born agains tried to get me to go once,

Can this born again try again?
    Just invite Jesus into your heart!
    Thats when your born again.

NO! NO! put the stone down

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit