After 3 yrs, 2 mos......MY WIFE HAS AWAKENED!!! JOIN US IN A TOAST!

by Open mind 73 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Wonderful news!

• Open mind
    Open mind

I asked my wife last night about her setting up her own username here, but right now she's on information overload. I can only imagine what it's like to have SO many things hit you at once.

I know that old sage Hillary_Step was famous for saying that we don't receive "support" here and after re-reading some of his old posts, I technically agree with him a little bit. He meant support along the lines of what you would receive from a qualified therapist or a trustworthy flesh & blood friend or relative who is there for you 24/7.

With that disclaimer out of the way.............

Thank you ALL for the "support" (Hillary's probably doing an involuntary twitch right now and can't figure out why .) you have given me, and by extension, my wife and children over the last 3 years I've been lurking/posting here. Maybe I should be using a different word than "support" but the reassurance of being able to bounce things off other people who have had similar situations and who "get it" was really a mental/emotional lifesaver for me.

Coffee break's over. Gotta go. Be back later.

om

• Dagney
    Dagney

That is wonderful news!! Congratulations!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Congratulations Open Mind and wife.

I dedicate a few verses of Johnny Mathis' "Wonderful, Wonderful" to you both. May you have the happiest life together now!

The world is full of wond'rous things it's true
    But they wouldn't have much meaning without you

Some quiet ev'ning I sit by your side
    And we're lost in a world of our own
    I feel the glow of your unspoken love
    I'm aware of the treasure that I own
    And I say to myself
    "It's wonderful, wonderful"
    "Oh, so wonderful, my love

HappyDad

• The Almighty Homer
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hearty congratulations to Open Mind and welcome to Mrs Open Mind. I hope that she is feeling good about it, it can be a traumatic experience and bring a lot of practical problems. But you can face them together and please call upon us here if you wish to..

The joy expressed by the board members put me in mind of this scripture , in a backwards sort of way...

Luke 15: 6-7

"And when he gets home he calls his friends and his neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost.’

• cognac
    cognac

Wow, that's so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have given a renewed hope for the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• IronHill
    IronHill

That's really great!! I hope the best to the both of you...and hope to read the entire story soon.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What I am curious about (when you return, of course) is how she's been this whole time since you faded/escaped. And what were her reactions when you showed her all this information this past week?

To save OM some time explaining, he has not been fading or physically escaping. He stayed on at the meetings and even kept some responsibilities while he was working on helping the wife and children to think differently. He escaped mentally and wanted to leave with everyone- sort of like the U.S. Marines leaving nobody behind.

I have been a bit of a Jiminy Cricket on his shoulder, telling him it is probably necessary to move forward with a fade, giving up responsibilities, showing the wife and kids that he is serious about leaving. I am thrilled that he managed to help the wife. I hope my nagging encouraged him to help her before he cracked. I never insisted that there was only one way to leave, and I wish Open Mind well in his journey. I am a bit jealous as I have found personal freedom, but had to leave the wife at the Kingdom Hall.

I hope when OM is ready, he shares his facebook address, phone number, actual location with me (whichever are comfortable). I enjoy my ex-JW friends immensely. OM has a long journey ahead of him, he ain't out of the woods. I am certain he has other family still captive to the WTS outside of his immediate family.

Strength to you and yours.

• Casper
    Casper

Congrats !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit