After 3 yrs, 2 mos......MY WIFE HAS AWAKENED!!! JOIN US IN A TOAST!

by Open mind 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishes.

OTWO:

you cannot make a couple of short comments and satisfy us.

I know. Unfortunately, I've actually got to work today, so I probably won't be able to provide a detailed account just yet. (Getting fired probably wouldn't be the course of wisdom.) The last week has been a blur for me so I'm sure it is overwhelming for my wife. I will try jotting down the high points before they are lost to the pit that is my very fallible memory.

Gotta go for now. Be back a little later.

Thanks again everyone and don't give up hope!

om

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

congratulations openmind.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm so happy for you and wife!

Sylvia

• Open mind
    Open mind

LoriJis:

The book is "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, a former Governing Body member.

It's available from commentarypress.com

It's been updated over the decades since it was first published. For people who are trained to look to "Theocratic Direction", (JWs in general) the 'higher' the position, the more persuasive a given argument becomes. Ray tells how the sausage is actually made. It's a very revealing look behind the GB curtain. It's not bitter or sensationalized. Definitely has the ring of authenticity, IMO.

om

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Congrats. But you cannot make a couple of short comments and satisfy us. We want all the goods on this.

I know. Unfortunately, I've actually got to work today, so I probably won't be able to provide a detailed account just yet. (Getting fired probably wouldn't be the course of wisdom.) The last week has been a blur for me so I'm sure it is overwhelming for my wife. I will try jotting down the high points before they are lost to the pit that is my very fallible memory.

Gotta go for now. Be back a little later.

Ohhhhhh, this is like watching an awesome movie and waiting for the sequal. That is great for you. What I am curious about (when you return, of course) is how she's been this whole time since you faded/escaped. And what were her reactions when you showed her all this information this past week? Was it all like a Lightbulb moment? or was she nervous? Did you read any of Steve Hassan's books & did his suggestions help at all? Maybe you can post a link to your previous trials during this. Good for you. Congratulations!

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

It's nice to hear of a relationship that didn't implode when the WT$ bubble of silence is broken.

Gratz!

(Been there done that didn't work out so good class)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

CONGRATS OPEN MIND...AND WELCOME TO MRS. OPEN MIND....

Welcome to freedom. Life will be less complicated now that you are both on the same mental page. Can't wait to hear the details.

Snakes (Rich )

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Great News

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

TOAST..

................ ...OUTLAW

• loosie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest