is jesus a god?

by javig 304 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We need to understand that, the voice speaking, the angel that touched John, was NOT the son of man, ie: Jesus.

Chapter 4 makes that clear REV 4:1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We see in REV 1, a voice like a trumpet, a hand touches John and, like Daniel, he folds like a cheap hooker who got punched in the stomach by her pimp. Then a hand is placed on him and it is Jesus, Jesus then speaks ( second speaker, after the dude with the trumpet), this is chapter 2 and 3, now comes chapter 4 where John mentions the FIRST voice he heard speaking ( The trumpet dude, not Jesus).

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at PSac!

You are one funny dude.

Thanks to both you and AGuest.

I "see" now.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

snowbird,

It is my view, I don't speak for anyone else, but when I read Revelation, that is the order I see.

Don't take MY word for it, I am as full of it as everyone else, study it and find out for yourself.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    snowbird,
    It is my view, I don't speak for anyone else, but when I read Revelation, that is the order I see.
    Don't take MY word for it, I am as full of it as everyone else, study it and find out for yourself.
    That's exactly what I'm doing, but I never "saw" that before! Sylvia
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    We see in REV 1, a voice like a trumpet, a hand touches John and, like Daniel, he folds like a cheap hooker who got punched in the stomach by her pimp. Then a hand is placed on him and it is Jesus, Jesus then speaks ( second speaker, after the dude with the trumpet), this is chapter 2 and 3, now comes chapter 4 where John mentions the FIRST voice he heard speaking ( The trumpet dude, not Jesus).

YES!!!! YES!!!! WHOO-HOOO!!! Although I'm not sure I woulda said it just like this - LOLOLOLOL! Also, it is God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, who identifies Himself at 1:8, 21:6, and 22:13 (He just interjects, is all... so that John knows He's there, etc. Our Lord only speaks again at 19:6 and 22:16...)

But I have a question for you, dear PSacramento (and dear Sno'Bird, please feel free to "play" - BTW, I totally agree with you regarding Black families and shunning - "we" only follow "the authorities" so far - LOLOLOL!):

Many believe it is Christ speaking at Revelation 22:20a. Tell me, please, who do YOU say is speaking... and so, "coming quickly"?

I look forward to your response... and send peace and love to you both!

YOUR servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

well, Rev 22 is ver tricky, it goes back and forth between God, jesus and the Angel that is with John, BUT if we are to take JOHN's own words in REV 22:20

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Then John is asking Jesus to come, BUT, in 22:10 is the beginning of a discourse by the angel that COULD suggest that the angel is coming soon:

Rev 22:10-15, but in REv 22:16, it is Jesus talking once more.

But Rev 22:20 makes it clear that, HE WHO TESTIFIES to these things says, "yes I am coming soon", so we must go back to the Beginning.

Rev 1:1-2, and it is JOHN who testifies to everyhting, so John is coming soon !!

Or the angel according to REV: 22 16 !!

What an acid trip !!

;)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to all these things says it again: "I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!"

Yes! Come, Master Jesus!

I believe it to be Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, because John states that He says "I'm on my way" again. Where did He first say it? In Revelation 22:12,13.

It is very difficult to ascertain who's speaking!

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

The answer is simple. Revelation 1:1 tells you very clearly who is giving the revelation. By both the context of Revelation 1:8 and the quotation marks used in this passages, every indication is that this is now the first thing said by the one of whom this revelation is about.

Revelation 1:8 from the Kingdom Interlinear Translation

The textual evidence for Revelation 1:8 A. The Greek text in the Kingdom Interlinear Translation: The Greek text uses the word Kyrios rather than the Tetragrammaton (YHWH).. B. The textual evidence: The only textual evidence for this verse indicates that John wrote "Lord" rather than "Jehovah" in verse 1:8. 

Observations from the Greek manuscript evidence. The only manuscript evidence available conclusively verifies the contextual evidence that Revelation 1:8 is identifying the "Lord" as God Almighty.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ok, I've gone back and re-read Revelation chapter 22 again and again.

It is Both who are coming!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit