is jesus a god?

by javig 304 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

do you believe in the trinity?

I do not. It is false. Sorry, but that is the truth… and one of the very FEW things the WTBTS has correct.

I asked cause you comments gave me the impression that you believe Jesus is the father, son, and holy spirit

Oh, oops, don’t know how I gave you that impression, and apologize if I did because I do not believe that at all. I know it to be NOT true.

and your words "my Lord is a god" makes me think you are a jw...

I am not… and he is a god, not in the sense that the JWs teach it, but in that he is immortal... which is what a god is... an immortal one...

so if you believe in the trinity then i apologize for misjudging you....thanks...

If you misjudged me, no worries - I totally accept your apology (though none is needed, truly); however, please do not think I believe in the trinity. I do not. There is no such thing. There is only the Father and the Son, the latter of whom is the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17).

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• javig
    javig

Thanks for answering Aguest...you broutght another point of view about jesus. for a moment a jw and christians will favor you but as you went along your explanation they will go against your beliefs (my opinion). i respect your beliefs but i have a couples of question about your view as jesus being a god but no the God of the bible...He is the image of the original but not the original. In him all the fullness of divinity dwelt but yet not GOD but a god (you have said all of this)...My questions who died for your sins?who is your saviour? we know to be jesus but if he is not GOD but a god (in the sense of been inmortal and etc) then he can not save you from your sins. Only GOD can save you from your sin. only GOD can breaks the curse of sin and not merely a god, like your Jesus. Why would you not praise and worship Jesus? because in Philipians 2:5-11. everybody will bent knees to Jesus in a sense of worshipping. (unless i understood that context wrong). If they will worship Jesus in the future why not do it now? Hebrews 1 also teaches that GOD commands angels to worship Jesus, firstbegotten, then why you dont worship him, only KISSED? If jesus is not to be worship then how come he never rebuke all those people who adored and worshiped him in the gospels? Please notice each instance not just some...also to any jw please answer these questions....

something interesting i learned reading the OT...The OT reveals Jesus with titles, names, how he will come, how he will die, etc...What do we learn with that revelation about Jesus in the OT?...Anyone who wants to have a better view of Jesus please research the OT...you will find that Jesus have qualities of GOD and not merely a god. you be surprised what the OT reveal about Jesus...the most commom ones..The everlasting Father, the Mighty God found in Isa 9:6...who is the prohet talking about? Jesus or somebody else or a merely a god (who is that god)? Is he talking about jesus, a god, then that god is equal to the GOD of the bible? is he talking about Jesus, the GOD-MAN?....Hope this helps to anyone that is trying to understand the Trinity....

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Please notice each instance not just some...also to any jw please answer these questions....

The JWs argue that the Greek word for worship when it is applied to Jesus only means 'render obiesence' or "honor," but not worship. JWs won't argue much with you on these kinds of topics because they know they can't win. But the ones who want out are watching.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-7.html#37

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! I think perhaps you misunderstand me, so maybe I can clarify. You might also want to look up the verses I’ve quoted to see that I am not alone in what the Spirit has given me. Now, then:

He is the image of the original but not the original.

Yes. The IMAGE of the original, which is NOT the original itself, but a REFLECTION of it.

In him all the fullness of divinity dwelt but yet not GOD but a god (you have said all of this)...

Ummmm… noooooo... I did not say that, not at all (or I didn't mean to, so if it seems that I did, it truly was a typo. But I really don't think so). It is GOD, the MOST Holy One of Israel, and not "a god" who dwelt in him. But that does not make him, Christ, the MOST Holy One of Israel... any more than it makes ME the MOST Holy One of Israel. HE... is the HOLY One and Son of God; I am merely a good-for-nothing-servant... and "living stone." Yet, GOD, the MOST Holy One of Israel... also dwells IN ME. He is the HEAD of the Body [of Christ]... and I am a MEMBER of that Body [of Christ]. And it is IN that Body... God’s “temple” and “house”… that the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... dwells. Ephesians 2:21; John 14:23; Romans 8:9, 10

My questions who died for your sins?

My Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the HOLY One of Israel, Son and Christ, of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies…

who is your saviour?

The same One: my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the HOLY One of Israel, Son and Christ, of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies…

we know to be jesus

I know him by his Hebrew name: JahEshua (Jah Saves; Salvation of Jah) MischaJah (chose/anointed of Jah). It is pronounced “Yah-eh-shua Meesha-Yah”. His name is never “Jesus.” That name is the English form of the Greek name, “Ieosus,” which means “Jah (Jeh) is (o) Zeus (sus).” In ancient Greek, the highest god… was Zeus; thus, those who spoke Greek considered Jah to be “Zeus” (Most High God). Because that name is also associated with the false Greek god, Zeus, I do not use it. IF I had to refer to my Lord by his name in ENGLISH… it would be “Joshua (JahShua, pronounced “YahShua”), the Chosen of Jah.” He is the blessed One… who comes in the name of Jah. Matthew 23:39

but if he is not GOD but a god (in the sense of been immortal and etc) then he can not save you from your sins.

That is not quite accurate. He is NOT “the GOD who takes away the sins of the world,” but “the LAMB of God… that takes away the sins of the world.” He is the only-begotten Son (by God’s free wife, Jerusalem Above)… offered as a sacrifice… the same as Abraham was to offer HIS only-begotten son (by HIS free wife, Sarah), Isaac. Abraham was not to be the sacrifice; he was to give his SON as a sacrifice. In the same way, the MOST Holy One of Israel is not the sacrifice; He gave HIS SON:

“For GOD… so loved the world, that HE gave His only-begottenSON…” John 3:16

Only GOD can save you from your sin.

No, only GOD can DESIGNATE the One who can save us from our sins. And He DESIGNATED… His Son.

Only GOD can break the curse of sin and not merely a god, like your Jesus.

Yes, it is GOD who can break the curse of sin. However, a PRICE had to be paid for that breakage to take place. Adam made a deal... with a price. Our eternal lives. Christ… who made himself a little LESS than angels, so that GOD… exalted him to a place HIGHER than angels… paid that price… with his blood. Death was not demanding God’s blood; it couldn’t. So, it demanded the next best thing: the blood of God’s SON. That is because it was a SON of God… ADAM… who brought about the NEED for a ransom in the first place. Sin and death “entered” through God’s son, Adham… and can be removed through God’s SON… Christ. Sin and death did not come to the earth through God… but through His Son. And it will leave the same, but through a different Son. Romans 5:12, 17; Luke 3:23, 38

“For since death is through a MAN, RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD IS ALSO… THROUGH A MAN. For just as in Adam ALL are dying, so also in the Christ ALL will be made alive.” 1 Corinthians 15:21

Why would you not praise and worship Jesus?

I DO praise Christ… and I do “worship” him as far as revering him, and paying homage and/or doing obeisance to him. Absolutely! Indeed, ALL praise is due to the MOST High God… AND to the One whom He sent forth, Christ! I do not “worship” him, as far a rendering “sacred service” to him, however, because HE told me who to render that service to: God. Had he told me ANYWHERE or at ANY TIME to render sacred service to HIM… I would most certainly do so! But that is NOT what he told me, you, or anyone. Indeed, he said to our Adversary, the Devil:

“It is JAH your God you must worship and it is to him ALONE you must render sacred service.” Luke 4:8

because in Philipians 2:5-11. everybody will bent knees to Jesus in a sense of worshipping.

Ahhhh! NOW I understand and my SINCERE apologies: you and I are not talking about quite the same thing. The word you render as “worship” is the Greek word “proskyneo,” which means:

“1) to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence

2) among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence

3) in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication

a) used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank

(1) to the Jewish high priests

(2) to God

(3) to Christ

(4) to heavenly beings

(5) to demons”

And I TOTALLY agree with you that in THIS sense, Christ IS to be “worshipped” – KISSED! But when I think of “worship” I am speaking of the Greek word “latreuo," which means:

“1) to serve for hire

2) to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen

a) in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship

b) to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship

(1)of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office”

Thus, my Lord IS my King… and I not only bend my knees to him… but I KISS him! However, it is GOD, the MOST Holy One of Israel… that I “render sacred service” (i.e., worship).

(unless i understood that context wrong).

Perhaps. But it’s okay – Maybe we now understand each other more accurately!

If they will worship Jesus in the future why not do it now?

Plese see above.

Hebrews 1 also teaches that GOD commands angels to worship Jesus, firstbegotten

Well, now that I understand the word you mean, I guess I have to say, yes!

then why you dont worship him, only KISSED?

I guess, based on the rendering of the Greek word “proskyneo” I do worship Christ. Again, that is not the word or meaning I was speaking of.

If jesus is not to be worship then how come he never rebuke all those people who adored and worshiped him in the gospels? Please notice each instance not just some...also to any jw please answer these questions....

Again, we were speaking of different words for “worship,” you and I. I apologize for the confusion.

something interesting i learned reading the OT...The OT reveals Jesus with titles, names, how he will come, how he will die, etc...What do we learn with that revelation about Jesus in the OT?...Anyone who wants to have a better view of Jesus please research the OT...you will find that Jesus have qualities of GOD and not merely a god. you be surprised what the OT reveal about Jesus...the most commom ones..The everlasting Father, the Mighty God found in Isa 9:6...who is the prohet talking about? Jesus or somebody else or a merely a god (who is that god)? Is he talking about jesus, a god, then that god is equal to the GOD of the bible? is he talking about Jesus, the GOD-MAN?...

The Hebrew word here is “el which has the following meanings:

“1) god, god-like one, mighty one

a) mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes

b) angels

c) god, false god, (demons, imaginations)

d) God, the one true God, Jehovah

2) mighty things in nature

3) strength, power”

Now, since I don’t know… in and of myself… which is the correct rendering, I have no choice but to ask the One who DOES know… and listen to what HE tells me… because he has never lied to me. Per that One, the Holy Spirit, the correct rendering is god… and NOT God. Now, decide for yourself whether it is best for me to listen to YOU… and others of earthling man… or to the Holy Spirit, which Spirit IS Christ. Proverbs 8:4-10; 2 Corinthians 3:17

Hope this helps to anyone that is trying to understand the Trinity....

In truth, I already understood the Trinity (my maternal family is DEVOUT Lutheran and so I was "confirmed" at age 12, a long, long..., long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away)... but your information did not help me accept the Trinity any more than before. It does compel me to ask you, however, who... and how many... do YOU believe Paul was speaking of at 2 Corinthians 3:17?

I bid you peace, dear Javig… and ears to hear the Spirit yourself… so that you don't have to rely on ANYONE to be teaching YOU... if you so wish it.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Aguest,

Thanks for your views I find them very interesting, even if I don't agree with all of them :)

I am not a Trinitarian but I have no issues with anyone that is and that use it to understand the role of Jesus and the HS ( both in union with God, all three in perfect harmony of purpose).

I am not subject to the old covenant, the "God of the OT" is not my God nor a God I want to know.

My God is the Father of My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, My God is My Heavenly Beloved Father and Jesus is the way to Him and the HS is what helps my find Jesus, all three are in perfect union and we can't get to One without the other two.

Is Jesus A God? no, not to me he isn't, he is ALL that God is, he is the path to God, Jesus is the WORD and the word was God.

I don't see him as God the Father, I see him as the Son of God, the path, the way, the light, the word of God, ALL that God is, Jesus is, for God is Love and Jesus is Love.

Do I worship Jesus? Yes, for the only way I can worship God is to Worship God THROUGH Jesus, you can't have one without the other, nomatter HOW MUCH the WT wishes it was so.

• lampstand
    lampstand

AGuest,

I am almost laughing because you are obviously coping and pasting whats being dictate to you. I really don't believe you are actually researching on your own to find truth. You can not find truth from what others are lieing about, you must find the truth and God yourself alone. When we die, there is no book or guidance to help you find the way, we will all be alone.

There can be only one God, no others, not even gods. This is where JW's and XJW's go wrong, unless you know the truth themselves, not told it.

Isaiah 43: 10-12

Which ever Bible you want to use, the message is true.

"Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior."

No other god, before of after, no other savior. Think then...who is Jesus now? Is he not a savior, if he is then he is of God, if not then he's nothing.

Do I need to pull out the Hebrew scripture word for word, to point out the terrible translation (or lie)?

Lets not forget, if you know, that the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew was pronounced "Adonai" in the plural form not singular, which literally means "Lord, lord, lord". The name of God is not what you think it is...who are you to say that is the name, did you ask him yourself and he told you that? Or did some German monk tell you that some 600 years ago, that didn't even know how to speak the ancient language? He wouldn't even tell Moses what his name was, he told him it was "I am". And Moses was the only one who had seen God.

This is only the truth, from what we can read, and I wish some people in the world didn't pervert the good news to satisfy their own greed of power and money.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    PS:
    the "God of the OT" is not my God nor a God I want to know.

But it is the same God, God Almighty.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-7.html

• AGuest
    AGuest

The greatest of love and peace to you!

Aguest, Thanks for your views I find them very interesting, even if I don't agree with all of them :)

It’s quite okay that you don’t agree, dear PSacramento, truly! I am just an instrument, a servant ,so I don’t take any of this personally. You are doing good to test the inspired expression. Please be assured that I have never lied or spoken anything but the truth on these matters, just as I have received them from the Truth.

That One doesn’t compel me to tell anyone that they have to agree with ANYTHING that I share. Because that is not the PRIMARY point of ME sharing it. The PRIMARY point… is that I do what I am directed to do: share. In that way, I demonstrate MY faith. You and others have to do what you have to do… to demonstrate yours. If I were to sit on these things, after my Lord has TOLD me to share them… how then am I demonstrating that I believe them… that I have faith in him… and the thing heard from him? I am not. I share… because I absolutely, totally, unequivocally, unreservedly, and without a doubt not only believe what I hear… but who it is that is speaking.

I am not a Trinitarian but I have no issues with anyone that is and that use it to understand the role of Jesus and the HS ( both in union with God, all three in perfect harmony of purpose).

I have no issues with such ones either. A question was raised… I was directed by the Spirit to respond, and so I did. More questions resulted… and even a challenge of sorts. I responded to those, too, as I was directed. What else would YOU have had me do?

I am not subject to the old covenant, the "God of the OT" is not my God nor a God I want to know.

I, too, am not subject to the OT... as I have accepted God's provisions under the NEW Covenant, mediated by Christ, and ratified by HIS blood, which blood I drink... everyday. The God of the OT IS my God also, however… in that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob… and to the extent of those things written about Him that are TRUE. As to those that are FALSE, I need only to look to my Lord, His Son… and “see” what the truth is. Then, I am able to reject the false… absolutely, totally, unequivocally, unreservedly, and without a doubt. Not everything that is written in the OT is false, anymore than all that is written there is true. How do I know which is which? By what my Lord said to me:

“All that I tell you IS written (although not necessarily in the Bible), but not all that is written (in the Bible) is what I will tell you.”

He has proven himself FAITHFUL and TRUE in this statement to me... and so I listen to HIM.

My God is the Father of My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, My God is My Heavenly Beloved Father and Jesus is the way to Him

I agree 100%. It is the same with me… with the exception of the name. Otherwise, we are in total agreement.

and the HS is what helps my find Jesus

I have to disagree here, at least in my case. For ME… it was the Father Himself who helped me “find” my Lord. He brought that One TO me. Literally. I told the Father that (1) I wanted to know His Son (since it appeared that that One was the One who would cleanse me of my sins, but I wasn’t getting to know HIM through the WTBTS, as everything there was about “Jehovah”), and (2) I wanted to know the TRUTH… once and for all. And so, He sent His Son to me... and me to him. John 6:44

When that One appeared to me, I DID ask why me and not some others (who I thought were MUCH more... well, "spiritual" and faithful). And he said, and I quote: “Because you ASKED for me, child.” Imagine my surprise… and GLEE… when it turned out that they were one and the same: the Son… IS the Truth!!

Now, I get it that many are skeptical, but that is because it has not happened for THEM – yet. Is that MY fault? Should I hide what has occurred with me… or tone it down… or change it… because it hasn' happened to THEM? So that MEN are happier? Would YOU? I tell you, NOT A SINGLE ONE… would do anything less than what I am doing. Not one.

If any (and I am excluding you here, dear PSacto, because this really doesn’t apply to you) really stopped and thought about what it is they ARE doing… trying in ways both direct and subtle… to suggest that what occurred and is occurring with me did NOT occur and IS NOT occurring… that who I profess is speaking to me is NOT speaking… and that I should NOT speak about it… you would most probably rethink your actions. Because it is a LACK of faith... as well as potentially blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Of course, though, they believe themselves to be innocent… like their forefathers before them. Matthew 23:29-36

all three are in perfect union and we can't get to One without the other two.

And I would have to also disagree with you here, for there is only TWO. You cannot get to Christ without being drawn by the Father… and you cannot get to the Father… without going THROUGH the Christ. You cannot go into the HOLY… unless you have been anointed as a priest to do so by God, the MOST Holy. You cannot go into and before the MOST Holy… unless you pass THROUGH… the Holy. There is no third “chamber”… or third “person.” Christ… IS the Holy Spirit. He IS the glorified LIVE-GIVING Spirit. He IS… the Life. Because the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies… GRANTED it to him to BE so. 2 Corinthians 3:17; John 14:6; 1 Corinthians 15:45

Is Jesus A God? no, not to me he isn't,

I am not sure what you mean here… Is Christ God?... or Is Christ a god (but you used caps)?

he is ALL that God is, he is the path to God, Jesus is the WORD and the word was God.

He is ALL that God is… as are WE... God’s Chosen People:

“One God, and Father of ALL… whose is over ALL (including our Lord), and through ALL, and IN all (including His people).” Ephesians 4:6

I don't see him as God the Father, I see him as the Son of God, the path, the way, the light, the word of God, ALL that God is, Jesus is, for God is Love and Jesus is Love.

As we are ALSO being “subdued” so as to be LOVE.. as well! A “HOLY” nation! So, regarding what you've stated we are, again, in agreement (with the exception of the name).

Do I worship Jesus? Yes, for the only way I can worship God is to Worship God THROUGH Jesus, you can't have one without the other,

Do I “worship” JahEshua? Yes, to the extent that means revering, honoring, paying homage and doing obeisance to. Going through. Approaching so as to gain access TO the Most Holy. Recognizing HIM as the ONE… raised above ALL others… except the Most Holy Himself. As my Lord, my Master, my King, my Savior. My BROTHER and HUSBANDLY owner. Yes, all of these. As my God… and the One I am to render "sacred service" (i.e., worship)... no.

When I enter into the MOST Holy, dear PSacto… to go before the Person of JAH Himself, the MOST High God… I see only two. I first see the Lamb, as the Door. I make request of him to enter, and it is at HIS approval, that I am allowed in (and yes, I have been denied access on occasion, which was due to MY error or uncleanliness!). Once in, he sits to my left just slightly BEFORE the Father, who sits directly in front of me. I can see ALL of the Lamb... and up to the lap/lower chest area of the Father. The rest is, well, hidden (in a kind of fog/cloud/vapor). I prostrate myself before both. I direct my words to the Lamb; however, it is the Father that I address.

Thus, I approach and speak to JOSEPH… but it PHARAOH that I am appealing to. I either LOOK at the Lamb while ADDRESSING the Father… OR… address the Lamb directly and ask HIM to take my appeal to the Father. ON OCCASION… and it is rare, occurring only 4 times thus far... the Lamb will gesture toward the Father… and I am permitted to speak DIRECTLY… although I preface my appeal with “I am coming to You IN THE NAME OF… or THROUGH… my Lord, your Son and Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.” My understanding is that this is because I have been come to be known... personally... by the MOST Holy One of Israel Himself... after the Son presented me (which occurred in 1998).

Thus, I have approached the throne of God… THROUGH Christ. I have seen… and touched… the pond of ‘water’ that is always between us. I have seen the 24 elders, the urns of fire, the Ark of the Covenant, other spirits (including those of the “darkness”)… and more. I saw firsthand the battle between Michael and Satan… and the result of that battle. I have seen the Ark opened… and its contents, the seed of the Woman… “thrown down” and planted in the earth. But... I have never seen a THIRD person/entity... that is the Holy Spirit.

Okay, so WHY me (and, perhaps, not you or others)?? You (and such others) must ask for yourselves. I asked that same question… for myself... and still ask down to this day. And the answer was… and is still: “Because you have FAITH, child, the size of a mustard seed.” Which, when I first heard it… almost floored me Because, I thought, "If I have such faith, where in the WORLD is everyone else?" I couldn't fathom it. Because I didn’t believe myself to be such a faithful person. Heck... I was TRULY a SINNER!! Apparently, m y faith was MANIFEST, however… when I responded to the MOST Holy One of Israel… when He called my name. I answered. I asked, “Who is this, please?”… and He revealed Himself… at the same time sending His Son... who revealed himself.

And TRULY, dear PSacramento… that really IS all it takes: FAITH. As a result, I have been hearing, listening to, and obeying my Lord’s voice ever since. And because of this, I have had the privilege to hear… and SEE… things SO magnificent, most of earthling man couldn’t even perceive... let alone handle. As you can see here. Even the tiniest of truths (that Christ IS the Holy Spirit, which is backed up by Paul) are ridiculed. I do not consider myself “better”… or more favored than any other person. I am TRULY and utterly HUMBLED by all of this: it is a PRIVILEGE… and a RESPONSIBILITY... and I will NOT back down and deny it just because a few many fleshly beings cannot grasp it themselves. The “problem” is theirs… not mine. I don't sell it - I charge nothing and I commercially publsh nothing. I receive(d) it FREE... and I must give it... FREE. Whether they hear... or refrain.

With regard to you, however, dear one… I do not dispute with you. I only share the truth... with a little more accuracy... as it is given to me. I do not consider you an enemy or a rival – I consider you a brother, and fellow slave of Christ. For he that is not against me… IS for me. And I thank you for that.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with… and a FELLOW slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

JD and to a certai extent Aquest, I do NOT view the God that is WRITTEN in the OT as my God, I do NOt voew a God that commands the death of innocent children and wipes races of people off the face of the earth as My God.

My God is a God of Love, compassion, caring and self-sacrifice, a God of tenderness and acceptance, but still a God of righteousness and Justice.

My God does NOt order the deaths or mutilations of people, My God does NOT put the sins of the fathers onto the children, so My God cannot be the God WRITTEN by in the OT but he is the God spoken of and spoken to by My Lord Jesus.

Are they one in the same? only if God changed and we know he didn't.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    JD and to a certai extent Aquest, I do NOT view the God that is WRITTEN in the OT as my God, I do NOt voew a God that commands the death of innocent children and wipes races of people off the face of the earth as My God.
    My God is a God of Love, compassion, caring and self-sacrifice, a God of tenderness and acceptance, but still a God of righteousness and Justice.
    My God does NOt order the deaths or mutilations of people, My God does NOT put the sins of the fathers onto the children, so My God cannot be the God WRITTEN by in the OT but he is the God spoken of and spoken to by My Lord Jesus.
    Are they one in the same? only if God changed and we know he didn't.

Wow, you had me fooled. I thought you understood it better than this. So you don't believe in Armagedon either? Who will perpetuate that?

Christian Trinitarians are monotheistic and do not worship three Gods as the Jehovah’s Witnesses claim.

The Jehovah's Witnesses continue to imply that Trinitarian Christians worship three Gods, not one; that they are tritheistic, not monotheistic. The Jehovah's Witnesses draw parallels between the Trinity doctrine and triadic pagan worship which they claim is the ultimate source of the Christian Trinity, influenced by Babylonian gods who were worshipped in threes, the Egyptian three-fold gods of Osiris, Isis and Horus, Italian triune godheads, the Trinitarian Hindu group of Brahama, Sira and Visnu, and on and on (Should You Believe, Chapter 5).

But this is false and unfair. The Christian faith is completely monotheistic, and worship is directed to the only one true God Almighty who happens to have a threefold nature: “We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the “consubstantial Trinity,” (Catholic Catechism, 75). “[T]he Godhead of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.” Athanasian Creed; DS 75; ND16)” (ibid., 79).

Tritheism, the worship of three Gods at the expense of the unity of God is yet another pitfall which the Trinity doctrine specifically seeks to avoid (Oxford, 1211). And simply because the Jehovah's Witnesses are unable to grasp the meaning of “hypostases” or “Persons” does not entitle them to ascribe to Christians beliefs they do not hold.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-2.html#9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit