is jesus a god?

by javig 304 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

javig,

You do realize that all of the arguments you have just presented are used other groups drawing a different scenario and conclusion.

Most of the time it is simply a matter of how the brain conceptualizes abstracts. To some Arius' idea makes perfect sense, or the Monophysites, or the Novatians, or the Unitarians and on and on. It has not been settled in 2000 years of bloodshed over these issues but has certainly made the Churches look like fools and the perpetrators of violence the least Christ-like.

Drop off food at the local Food Bank, visit someone in a Care Facility, plant a tree and join a clean up crew in your town, people will see the God-ness in followers of Jesus far more than arguing over the Filioque.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Javig… May you have peace!

THE SON OF MAN- Origin of the TitleLooking at the Bible, we find that Jesus referred to Himself as the Son of Man no less than 82 times. This title comes from Daniel 7, which speaks of a figure, Israel personified, who will rule over the nations of the earth for all time. In that passage, we read that the Son of Man “was given authority, glory and even sovereign power” — things that God alone, the One who said, “I will not give my glory to another” ( Isa. 42:8 ; 48:11 ) — can hold and exercise.

Dear, DEAR, Javig, hopefully, YOU didn’t write this commentary (and may you have peace!). If you did… you are in error. The MOST Holy One of Israel was speaking ABOUT (from Isaiah 42:1-and TO (from Isaiah 42:6-8)… His SON:

“Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. Thus saith [JHVH], he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: I [JHVH] have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, [and] them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. I [JHVH], which [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.”

At Isaiah 48:11, the MOST Holy One of Israel is speaking to Israel and chastising them for their LACK OF FAITH and worship of other gods (idols). THERE, He is stating that He will NOT give His gloryto idols:

"The former things I declared of old, they went forth from my mouth and I made them known; then suddenly I did them and they came to pass. Because I know that you are obstinate, and your neck is an iron sinew and your forehead brass, I declared them to you from of old, before they came to pass I announced them to you, lest you should say, 'My idol did them, my graven image and my molten image commanded them.' "You have heard; now see all this; and will you not declare it? From this time forth I make you hear new things, hidden things which you have not known. They are created now, not long ago; before today you have never heard of them, lest you should say, 'Behold, I knew them.' You have never heard, you have never known, from of old your ear has not been opened. For I knew that you would deal very treacherously, and that from birth you were called a rebel. "For my name's sake I defer my anger, for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off. Behold, I have refined you, but not like silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another. "Hearken to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am He, I am the first, and I am the last. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: [when] I call unto them, they stand up together. All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these [things]? [JHVH] hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans.I, [even] I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.”

Now, why do I read these verses differently than you/the writer of your commentary? It is because I KNOW our Lord… and I HEAR his voice. And, so, I know how he speaks. Very often, I am derided here for how I post – some don’t like the “way” I write… the “archaic” kind of language. BUT… THAT IS HOW THEY SPEAK, even now! And, so, when I read, for instance, Isaiah 42:8… what I HEAR… is the HOLY SPIRIT, our Lord, speaking!

Here, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies (and please note, BTW… that Isaiah 48:2 corroborates that this IS His name: “[JHVH] of hosts [of armies] is His name”)… wasn’t saying that He wouldn’t give His glory to ANY other. He was saying that He would NOT give His glory to another… OTHER THAN THE ONE HE HAD ALREADY PROMISED IT TO… BEFORE THE CREATION EVER CAME INTO EXISTENCE! His Son. The One who is to INHERIT the kingdom… as its KING!

THE SON OF MAN- The Son of Man will be worshipped Furthermore, we find that “all peoples, and all nations and men of every language will worship” the Son of Man, which would only make sense if the Son of Man is none other than God Himself. God sternly forbids the worship of anyone or anything other than Himself. We can thereby conclude that Jesus, in calling Himself the Son of Man, was indeed claiming to be God.

God indeed forbids the “worship”… in the manner of “rendering SACRED service”… to any other. However, we are COMMANDED… to KISS… the Son… to do obeisance to him. But that is not the same thing. The illustration that my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Holy Spirit, has given me is, again, Joseph and Pharaoh. There, who was the MOST high king? Joseph or Pharaoh? Yet, who was over ALL that Pharaoh owned? Joseph, right? And so, Pharaoh said that the people were to obey JOSEPH:

And Pharaoh said to his servants, ‘Can we find such a man as this, in whom is the Spirit of God?’ So Pharaoh said to Joseph, ‘Since God has shown you all this, there is none so discreet and wise as you are; you shall be over my house, and all my people shall order themselves as you command [obey you]; only as regards the throne will I be greater than you.’ And Pharaoh said to Joseph, ‘Behold, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.’ Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his hand and put it on Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in garments of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; and he made him to ride in his second chariot; and they cried before him, ‘Bow the knee!’ Thus he set him over all the land of Egypt. Moreover Pharaoh said to Joseph, ‘I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no man shall lift up hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.’ And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaph'enath-pane'ah*; and he gave him in marriage As'enath, the daughter of Poti'phera priest of On. So Joseph went out over the land of Egypt. Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went through all the land of Egypt .” Genesis 41:40-46

*Hebrew, “Revealer of Hidden Things”; Egyptian, “ the one who furnishes the nourishment of life (i.e. the chief steward of the realm)”; Latin, “Savior of the World.”

THE SON OF MAN- God's Infinite Knowledge Jesus reinforces this conclusion each time He claims to be unique, the Son of God, the only One Who knows God the Father. Consider this: if God’s depth of knowledge and understanding is infinite, Who but God alone can fully grasp it? Yet Jesus says He knows.

My Lord KNOWS it… because the Father TAUGHT him.

THE SON OF MAN- Blasphemy or Truth? The Jews tried to stone Him because in “calling God His own Father, Jesus was making Himself equal with God” (John 5:18). To this charge, Jesus merely replied that “All are to honor the Son just as they honor the Father.” In other words, Jesus claimed the honor due Him is equivalent to the honor due God. Such a statement is sheer blasphemy unless Jesus was, in fact, God.

Not true. Just as my Lord said, “ He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him…” he also said, “If any one serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant be also; if any one serves me, the Father will honor him.” He did NOT say, “If anyone serves me… I will honor him.” John 12:26

Be that as it may, IF what is asserted here is TRUE… then it is saying that we, too, are God. Because the verse says, “… the Father will honor him.” The SAME word for “honor” used here… is the SAME word for “honor” used at John 5:18: timao, Strong's Number G5091. SO… the Father will give the one serving Christ… the SAME honor as such one gives the Father. If, then, our giving the SAME honor to Christ as we give to God… makes Christ God… then, when the Father gives it to US… it makes us God, too. And THAT… is NOT the case.

Wrong verse to use for this point, dear Javig.

THE SON OF MAN- ConclusionWe’ve only scratched the surface in this segment, so I want you to be sure and tune in to the next two Perspectives — we will continue to explore how Jesus claimed that He was, in fact, God.

I’m sorry, but I just cannot believe that you are writing this. And if not, why, then, are you YET following earthling man? Dear one… KISS…the SON… lest God be angry… with YOU!

I bid you peace… and ears to hear the Holy Spirit of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Holy One of Israel, and Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH… of Armies.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• javig
    javig

To: desings

Thanks for the warning and advice and for reading the article....

You do realize that all of the arguments you have just presented are used other groups drawing a different scenario and conclusion...absolutely and thats what i like about them..they are using their brain...bad or good cause but at least they are using it

It has not been settled in 2000 years of bloodshed over these issues but has certainly made the Churches look like fools and the perpetrators of violence the least Christ-like....i agree but it is not my or your responsiblity or fault that these so called chirstians are acting like mere ungodly man and i will not stop just because these so called christians are doing ungodly thing...would you stop eating knowing other peoples are getting cholestoerol or diseases or companies are making unhealthy meals?...i dont think so... cause you already know and still eating

something that i learned long time ago was this truth..the truth of GOD can be abused and it can be view and applied incorrectly....that is not my fault if someone decides to do harm with God's truth...I will be responsible for presenting that truth in a fear and just manner cuase i know someday i will be judge (1 Cor 3)

Drop off food at the local Food Bank, visit someone in a Care Facility, plant a tree and join a clean up crew in your town, people will see the God-ness in followers of Jesus far more than arguing....doin good for the sake of good is useless...doing good so people see our good works so they can glorified the Father in heaven...YYYYEEEEESSSS....Any body can do good but how do i know they are godly people or i am bound to think just because you do good your a Jesus follower?..NO...you see i believe in orthoxy and orthopraxy both have to go hand in hand...right know im doing orthodoxy...telling people in here the truth of GOD regarding his trinity, the correct view of GOD according to scriptures, and if it needs to be argued or debated i will do my best at it....we both know that the doctrine has caused so much controversy but really the one that are causing the most controversy and harm (spiritual blood shed) are those who says jesus is not GOD...with that statement your eternity is in danger and since i know the truth i will do my best to proclaim it....in the mean time i will do good works too with a godly purpose....

Phil 4:8-9 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

To Aguest: Peace to you

I see that you are considering and reading my post...good....If you are wondering if these wrods are mines...no...they are from Hank Hannergraff and if you have any disagreement with his artilces i will not defend him but point you at him....call him at (888) 700-0274, or, (888) 275-4265 and speak to him......

i have read your answers to my questions and i want to say ..thank you...i will love to comment on them but not at this moment..just ask you to be patient...your friend javig......i hope people in here read everything about this issue(is jesus a god?) and pray about it and not just reading about it..................hasta luego amiga ................

• javig
    javig

Did Jesus Claim to Be God? Part 4: God's Old Testament Names, Titles, and Images

Besides using the titles the Son of Man and the Son of God, Jesus applied to Himself in a unique way the names and images referring exclusively to God. How does Jesus’ special usage relate to His claim to deity?

In the ancient times, a name had a great significance and was deemed “virtually equivalent to whoever or whatever it bore.” Thus, when Jesus paralleled His own name with that of God’s, or when He applied to Himself the names and images associated with God, we can reasonably conclude that Jesus was, in fact, claiming to be God.

We find, for example, in the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20), that Jesus placed His name as the Son on equal footing with the Father, who is God (v. 19). This passage also reveals certain attributes of the Son like omnipotence (v. 18; cf. Jer. 32:17, 27), and omnipresence, which can apply only to someone who is God (v. 20; cf. Matt. 18:20; Ps. 139:7-12; Jer. 23:24). Furthermore, in claiming to be the only one who knows God (Matt. 11:27), Jesus implicitly admitted to being omniscient since the Father, of course, is Himself omniscient.

Jesus also took for Himself several Old Testament metaphors reserved solely for God. He sometimes applied them directly to Himself, as in the case of the title the Good Shepherd (John 10:11, 14; cf. Gen. 49:24; Ps. 23). On other occasions, Jesus took an indirect approach, referring to Himself in the parables as the Sower, the Bridegroom, the Vineyard Owner, and, in fact, the King—each of which can be traced back to Old Testament references to God.

But of these titles, none angered the religious officials of His day as when Jesus said of Himself, “I AM,” thus asserting to be eternal in words echoing those of YHWH (John 8:58; cf. Ex. 3:14). Jesus’ claim to be God in this instance was so clear and unmistakable that those who considered His assertion false, in fact blasphemous, tried to stone Him to death immediately (John 8:59; cf. Lev. 24:13-16).

By His own admission, Jesus undeniably claimed to be God. And He bolstered His pronouncements with actions, which we’ll look at...in the next CRI Perspective. I’m Hank Hanegraaff.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

For more information on this topic, please consult our Web site at www.equip.org ; write to us at P. O. Box 8500, Charlotte, NC 28271-8500; or contact us using the other information listed above.

We also recommend the book Jesus, Divine Messiah: The New and Old Testament Witness by Robert L. Reymond (B912/$29.99). This resource is available through CRI

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! Of course I will wait... and patiently! I am YOUR servant in this matter! In the meantime, I would like to respond to the following:

doin good for the sake of good is useless...doing good so people see our good works so they can glorified the Father in heaven...YYYYEEEEESSSS....Any body can do good but how do i know they are godly people or i am bound to think just because you do good your a Jesus follower?

I don’t understand: when is doing good for the sake of doing good WRONG? Our Lord did “good”… because, as he said, “I WANT to.” What about the Samaritan man? He did good to his “enemy,” a Jew. When even the Jew’s own “brothers stepped over him as he lay beaten in the street. But, most important, your position here totally goes against what Christ is recorded to have said at Matthew 5:43-48:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

We find, for example, in the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20), that Jesus placed His name as the Son on equal footing with the Father, who is God (v. 19). This passage also reveals certain attributes of the Son like omnipotence (v. 18; cf. Jer. 32:17, 27), and omnipresence, which can apply only to someone who is God (v. 20; cf. Matt. 18:20; Ps. 139:7-12; Jer. 23:24). Furthermore, in claiming to be the only one who knows God (Matt. 11:27), Jesus implicitly admitted to being omniscient since the Father, of course, is Himself omniscient.

First, verse 18 should show us ABSOLUTELY that the Son is NOT the Father:

“And JAHESHUA came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.”

IF he and God were the same… all authority would already have BEEN his. Now, verse 19, which is probably the MOST misstated, misquoted, and mistransliterated verse in the entire Bible. The TRUE rendering of this verses is:

“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father… INTO the Son… IN holy spirit.”

“Bible” PROOF? John 1:33; Acts 1:5; Romans 6:3; 1 Corinthians 10:2; 12:13; Galatians 3:27; Acts 19:8:14-16

While it is true some were baptized in the name of the Son… NONE were baptized in the “name” of the Holy Spirit. They were baptized IN holy spirit. Baptized... I N… LIVING “water.” John 4:10, 11; 7:38; Revelation 7:17

Jesus also took for Himself several Old Testament metaphors reserved solely for God. He sometimes applied them directly to Himself, as in the case of the title the Good Shepherd (John 10:11, 14; cf. Gen. 49:24; Ps. 23).

Every one of the citations refer to Christ, and not God. Let me show you:

Genesis 49:24 correlates with Genesis 41:33-46 and John 15:1-5. The Genesis account refers to Joseph, who was second in command in the house of Potiphar... and of Pharaoh. In BOTH houses, ALL were in subjection to him... EXCEPT the "householder"himself (Potiphar and Pharaoh). The verse speaks of Joseph being a "branch." Of what "fruit-bearing tree"? Christ. HE is the True Vine and Tree of Life. GOD... is the PLANTER of the vine/tree.

Psalm 23 correlates to John 10:11, 14 (as Mr. Hannergraff states)... AND Psalm 110:1. At the second, David relates God... SPEAKING TO CHRIST:

"[JHVH] said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. "

On other occasions, Jesus took an indirect approach, referring to Himself in the parables as the Sower, the Bridegroom, the Vineyard Owner, and, in fact, the King—each of which can be traced back to Old Testament references to God.

No, dear one, the Father is the Sower, and the Vineyard Owner. Christ is the “seed”… and the SON of the vineyard owner:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1

"Hear another parable. There was a householder who planted a vineyard, and set a hedge around it, and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to tenants, and went into another country. When the season of fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the tenants, to get his fruit; and the tenants took his servants and beat one, killed another, and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first; and they did the same to them. Afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.' And they took him and cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?" They said to him, "He will put those wretches to a miserable death, and let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons." Matthew 21:33-41

Anyway, I will stop here… and wait for your response to the other issues.

As always, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant, friend, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• javig
    javig

To Aguest;

Hola...La paz de Dios sea contigo....

Thanks for waiting and i forgot to mention that i have some other questions for you..i will ask you later..

in the meantime let me said something regardin your comments about g Mr Hanergraff...i dont think in anyway Hanergraff is saying Jesus is the Father as you stated...

First, verse 18 should show us ABSOLUTELY that the Son is NOT the Father:

As you know, we (not you) dont believe that the Trinity is one person one GOD..is three person one GOD...The Father is not the Son and viceversa. The Son is not the Spirit and viceversa and The Spirit is not the Father and viceversa...The bible clearly and explicit makes that distinction...I know some christian that think that the Father is the Son and the Son is the Spirit and the Spirit is the Father...in other words everybody is everybody....thats wrong...that wont make sense and to think that.... one have to go over the bible...

you said Now, verse 19, which is probably the MOST misstated, misquoted, and mistransliterated verse in the entire Bible. The TRUE rendering of this verses is:

“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father… INTO the Son… IN holy spirit.” ....now since you claim that this is the correct rendering where is the hard evidence?....like manuscripts...give me the link or the info so i can look at it.... the verses that you gave doesn't prove your case only prove the case(some text not all you gave) of the baptism of the HS

I do believe that there is the baptism of the Holy Spirit and to understand one have to start in 1 cor 12:13 (this is where i would begin..your may be different) .This baptism is only perform by the HS not by us...so obviously Jesus is not saying that we have to baptize diciples in HS...Baptizing diciples in HS is the job of Jesus according to John 1:33 and other texts . We are only to baptize in the name..what name? Father, Son, HS.

Personally this verse always intrigues me...how Jesus said one name and then mention three person or identities...what truly was saying?...is he implying that there is one name for the three persons? or by saying "name" was implying that all diciples have to id themselves with the Father, Son, HS?..i dont know may be is simple or not..well....i do have my own personal questions when reading the bible...but none of them is going to sink or destroy my faith in Jesus Christ My LORD AND SAVIOR...AMEN....

about the parables..not all parables talks about jesus..agree or not? and all parables are revealing a truth of GOD to that specific audience Jesus was talking to...agree or not? and how far are we to take those parables and applied them to our life?... to understand parables lets start here

mathew 13:10-18

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
    11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘ Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
    And seeing you will see and notperceive;
    15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
    Their earsare hard of hearing,
    And their eyes they haveclosed,
    Lest they should see withtheireyes and hear withtheirears,
    Lest they should understand withtheirhearts and turn,
    So that Ishould [
    a ] heal them.’ [ b ]

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

................hasta luego....

• javig
    javig

To aguest

you askedI don’t understand: when is doing good for the sake of doing good WRONG? ...let me put it this way....start doing good without God in the equation or Jesus commands as in Mathew 5:43-48... would that make sense to you? We do good and do good works and understand the purpose of those good works becuase we have a correct view about good works according to GOD and his commands.... while ungodly people do good works with the wrong view, not God's view, only their view or devil view or both...thats why i said doing good works for the sake of good is useless otherwise we will be acting like mere ungodly man.... and doing good works for the sake of good works is serving only the "good" but not the ONLY ONE GOOD "GOD" and not every good work/deed is good...look at David life when he committed his sin with Besheba...was trying to be good and do good deed to beshebas husband with the purpose of hiding his sin...that is acting like pure ungodly man..david acted like a fool but he repented acting like a godly man

I am not going against my Saviour thats your opinion not a fact...you should know better than that after i clearly posted Phil 4:8-9...here the Apostle Paul is echoing Jesus words from the Sermon on the Mount...and i am echoing Paul words....hope that clear your confusion if not...try this..start doing good without GOD in the equation or His laws or commandments...then tell me how you feel....talk to you later...

• javig
    javig

Did Jesus Claim to Be God? Part 5: The Conduct of God

We’ve seen how Jesus revealed Himself to be God by His verbal claims. Let’s now look at His actions, which clearly prove that He truly was who He claimed to be.

Though Jesus spoke with the authority of God, His actions hammered home this truth with even greater impact. Turning to John chapter five, we find Jesus being criticized for healing an invalid during the Sabbath (John 5:16-18), a sacred day set aside from all work to commemorate God’s act of creation. Now Jesus justified His actions reasoning that God the Father was also at work, even on the Sabbath day, thereby claiming for Himself a prerogative reserved solely for God. Only if Jesus is God can we say that He in no wise violated God’s law regarding the Sabbath.

In another instance Jesus forgave the sins of a paralytic man — to which the “teachers of the law” rightly asked, “Who can forgive sins but God alone?” Jesus answered by reemphasizing His authority to forgive sins, and then proved it by healing the man (Mark 2:1-12; cf. Matt. 9:1-8; Luke 5:17-26). Jesus again claimed for Himself a prerogative reserved solely for God. Only if Jesus is God could He have actually forgiven sins the way He did.

Moreover, numerous individuals worshiped Jesus Christ (Matt. 2:11; 14:33; Luke 24:52). Considering the stern commands given by God to worship Him alone, we might conclude that Jesus attempted to correct such “misdirected” worship. But, no! We find, instead, Jesus openly welcoming people’s praises — praises belonging exclusively to God.

Where do we go to from here? Well, as one Christian scholar put it: “You can shut [Jesus] up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God,” (John 20:28-29.). You can’t, however, deny that Jesus claimed to be God. He has not left that option open to us. The real question is, “Whose words are you going to trust — Jesus’ or the cults?” Decide wisely, your destiny depends on it.

• designs
    designs

This is entertaining, kind of like watching a dog chase its own tail.

• Decided
    Decided

If Jesus is God the ransom doesn't make sense. God sacraficed himself to himself so he could forgive humans. How could he be David's offspring if he was God? How could he have said on the cross or stake, "Why have you forsaken me." if he was God? The whole bible doesn't make any sense to me anymore, just a few verses here and there that could be said by a human without God involved. Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit