“THE REVELATION, IT’S GRAND CLIMAX AT HAND"

by maputo95 74 Replies latest jw friends

• maputo95
    maputo95

DO YOU HAVE “THE REVELATION, IT’S GRAND CLIMAX AT HAND" BOOK"?

IT IS A FASCINATING BOOK BACKED UP THROUGHOUT WITH SCRIPTURES – WILL OPEN YOUR EYES – BUT YOU MUST READ IT FROM BEGINNING TO END.

The above is a quote from my JW friend, inactive for 30 years and thinking of sheepishly returning. Is the book cited above a scholarly and dependable commentary on Revelation?

please comment.

My JW friend's retort is typical JW apologetics:

THE SOCIETY’S THINKING HAS BEEN REFINED OVER THE YEARS ON MINOR ISSUES AND THE TRUTH HAS BECOME CLEARER AND CLEARER AS WE APPROACH JEHOVAH’S DAY

What is Jehovah's Day?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum maputo

Does he mean the original one, or the one with all of the changes that had to be made because the prophesies in the original had failed?

• Gordy
    Gordy

DO YOU HAVE “THE REVELATION, IT’S GRAND CLIMAX AT HAND" BOOK"?

IT IS A FASCINATING BOOK BACKED UP THROUGHOUT WITH SCRIPTURES – WILL OPEN YOUR EYES – BUT YOU MUST READ IT FROM BEGINNING TO END.

The above is a quote from my JW friend, inactive for 30 years and thinking of sheepishly returning. Is the book cited above a scholarly and dependable commentary on Revelation?

"Scholary - dependable" Sorry nearly fell off my seat laughing at that.

Why all the changes they made to it a couple of years ago? I think a few of the things it taught have now been changed.

People have been trying to understand Revelation for centuries.

Yet here is a group of people who apply practically every verse in Revelation either to themselves or to their teachings.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Maputo...that book is an embarrassment (amongst other things). It has been changed updated? since it was originally published - so they got it wrong in the first place...and they still have it wrong. Many JWs consider it 'too deep' (because they don't understand it), when in reality it's a pile of crap and nothing to do with the Bible.

• Black Sheep
  • cantleave
    cantleave

It is not a commentary. IMO It is an interpretation of prophecy with the primary purpose of justifying that JW's are god's agents on earth and the Governing Body were prophesied. As for how scholarly it is ,there seems to be no acedemic references or critique. It is just speculation and manipulation of information to fit the JW philosophy.

• wobble
    wobble

It is total nonsense,it is also dis-honest in the extreme, changing its method of exegesis, as explained within,just as soon as it suits them,and leaving out parts of verses that do not fit their weird self-serving interpretation.

If you read it, have avomit bag close by.

Love

Wobble

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The one good thing I can say about this book is how it praises the earlier work "The Finished Mystery". The claim is that that book is basically what convinced Jesus that the JWs should be his chosen people. So, that book must be hella-good right? You'd think it would be required reading for all JWs. How many books get an endorsement like that - from Jesus himself!!! So - why doesn't anyone read this history making book?! I've read it. It's amazing (that's all I'll say).

• maputo95
    maputo95

Thank you all for all your logical, well considered responses. I am reluctant to ignore university ideas which have been made over 1000 years in favour of the comic book approach of some cultists in Brooklyn who neither speak Greek in which Revelations was badly written or look at any other interpretations other than those that fit their 'theology'

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since it's beginning, the wt publishing company has done a few books on revelation. That is just one of a few. However, the wt no longer believes or acts on some of the core teachings of that book. For instance, in that book, the UN is described as the second most vile, loathsome, demon/devil inspired idols on the earth, second only to christendom. The UN is described as a satanic substitute for god's real kingdom. Christendom is portrayed as a supporter of the un. For this, it is pictured as a filthy, disgusting prostitute. Also, anyone who supports, in any way the un is called an idolater, and part of satans organisation. In view of the above, it's indeed shocking that the wt voluntarily joined the un for benefits that it gave them. As soon as it was discovered and made public knowledge, the wt cut it's association w the un. So much for the wt org living what it preaches in that book.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit