Think ive changed...can see it quite a bit laterly.PLEASE!!

by angel eyes 116 Replies latest social family

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Putting this out there.....going back 12months ago I was completely different to how i am now. I am still loyal to Jah and dont go against the scriptures, but even though ive recently returned to pioneering (only aux pio at present) I see im a little more laid back.

I think this has come through having to endure hell and back without any help, except Jehovah, which im not complaining, im so glad his been there for me, for us both. But i really believe that due to things that have badly and wrongly been allowed to take place etc its moulded me a little different to how I was. Unsure if thats a good thing or not? Am i being misled by satan or has it been a re moulding for the better.

Did any of you feel like this before leaving? (hope not, never want to leave) but just want to have serious answers please......im really asking as a friend...please :)

• highdose
    highdose

darling going through bad times does change you, thats a fact.

what will also change you is if you had littl or no help from the people that are supposed to love you and support you.

you don't sound too sure of yourself, i suggest you let your mind and heart speak to you..it sounds like they are trying to tell you somthing.

...somthing i eventualy had to ask myself when i got to your postion is: Does it make sense that a religon supposedly directed by gods holy spirt could act in such an unloving way to one of its members? Jehovah may well be real, but is this his organisation?

• DJK
    DJK

I think of you as someone who believes in a supreme being,,, I have to ask; Why do you have to name him Jehovah?

If a supreme being existed, and I followed the commandments of the bible, would he destroy me because I didn't call him Jehovah?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

dont believe he would destroy you for not calling him Jehovah.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Hello AE,

I'm on the tail end of the hell your went through. The lack of love and compassion from the B/S let alone the elders after we found out our child was molested by a fellow JW, was to say the least, devastating. It's still fresh in my mind and even now as others are now showing a bit of interest I can't forget the fact that when we needed them the most they couldn't or didn't help us. Like yourself we were left to rely completely on Jehovah and of course fleshly family to get through the toughest few years of our lives.

For me it drew me closer to God and it showed me he was the one helping us along, it was nothing like what the articles put out about how our elders are their to protect us from the storms or how our B/S should be willing to die for each other. It opened my eyes up to the fact that the love given is conditional upon what those taking the lead in the congregation are doing. Sadly in our case it's not a subject they like talked about.

I'm impressed you can make a go at it again, because no matter how much easier it would make things with or JW family members the hypocrisy keeps me from going again I can't sit and listen to how loving we are and how we take care of each other when in need over and over again without wanting to scream.

Not many of us ever will have the misfortune of seeing the real side of testing out that LOVE within the congregation but I have and I don't think I will ever be able to forget and believe as I once did. Instead I take it as Jehovah giving me the answers to my prayers and showing me he is not with these people right now or ever. That's a hard thing to admit.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Probably the most 'profound' point I remember from Pioneer School was the conductor saying: Run at a pace you can keep.

It comes from behaving in a balanced manner. For most, long-term full-time pioneering is just too much and they burn out. (That's part of what happened to me.)

I don't know your history, but time, life and experience all tend to temper us to become more balanced in our approach to many things in life.

Find time for the big and simple pleasures in life. Be kind to people, JWs or not. DFd or not.

Embrace the growth and change.

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AE..

You say:

You go to a Kingdom Hall..

Where you can do whatever the Hell you Want!..

With NO CONSEQUENSES!!!..

THE WBT$ is`nt interested in money from your Kingdom Hall..

So..

They Hide the WBT$ Contribution Box`s!..

What JW,would`nt want to go to your Kingdom Hall??!

Theres not another Kingdom Hall like it, on Planet Earth!..

ANYWHERE!!..

Why would you even consider leaving?..

....................................OUTLAW

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thanks truthseekeriam, so deeply sorry to hear of your terrible ordeal. How ones within the congregations can pray to Jah and honestly feel they are being christlike!! I sometimes think its ones like them who forget what being a TRUE servant of Jehovah is all about.

aude sapere I too went to pioneer school but thats a good quote your c/o said, brilliant!! thanks for sharing that :)

outlaw..ive never said no conscequences, you read and make your own conclusions....and ive never said im thinking of leaving. I'll never leave Jah.....

• Satanus
    Satanus

For me, learning/changing has usually involved pain. However, leaving the wt was different. I never really experienced bad stuff in the org. I didn't leave because of that. I merely saw that god wasn't directing the gb, in their meetings. When i did leave, it was a HUGE wieght off of me. For the first time, i felt free. But again, that's not why i left. The freedom and lightness was merely an unexpected result.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AE..

.ive never said no conscequences,

Your behaviour as a Jehovah`s Witness is Outrageous!!

You have Publicly said your Elders have no problem with that..

A Jehovah`s Witness would never get away,with what you have..

Except at your Kingdom Hall..

"Did any of you feel like this before leaving? (hope not, never want to leave)"

Obviously you have a concern about feeling a certain way..

Because..

Your afraid you may want to leave if you have certain feelings..

There it is in your own words..

I did`nt write your posts for you..

You wrote them..

................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit