If Adam hadn't sinned, where would he be right now?

by paul from cleveland 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Judge Dreadm, welcome. However, when you say "In a paradise earth of course." Why, what leads you to that conclusion.

The Bible does not state what would happen to Adam if he did not sin, so any answer is purely speculative.

If you want to mix the Bible's account of Adam with physical reality I would say the following. Since our planet will be able to sustain life for a finite period of time Adam's stay on earth would have been finite.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    If it wasn't God's purpose for us to live forever on the earth, where would Adam be right now?

This questions lacks two things needed to have an intelligent conversation about anything, let alone this:

1. Context
    2. Factual Information

This question assumes way too much for one thing. This question is based on what is at best a theory. Thus I must reject the very premise of the question.

God hasn't made anything clear at all, such as why we are here. Adam has the exact same credentials of a 'known to have lived on earth' mammal as Frodo and Gandalf.

Adam, Frodo, Gandalf. All have exactly the same amount of evidence of existence.

Perhaps they are all in heaven after all. Or they all made it to the western shore. Regardless, none of them seem to have left a forwarding address.

Maybe they're in hell.

Well, perhaps you catch my drift. Good luck with this question. Once it is answered to your satisfaction, maybe you can figure out when Gandalf is coming back with the Elves to war with the terrorists on earth. That would be nice....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If Adam hadn't sinned in the book of Genesis, then something else would have happened.
    Maybe Adam would have committed suicide when Eve was taken away after her sin. Maybe he would have had sex with Lilith or the "other people" would have been the only people on earth. (See http://www.sanfords.net/Pagan_Humor_and_Thoughts/Other_People.html)

I have learned that in fiction, there is more than one way to get back to the theme or to progress the story to the needed climax.
    When a fiction television show needed to bring a dead character back, they made the last entire season into just a dream.

Whatever the writer of Genesis needed to happen to Adam would have happened.

Adam is alive and well in a book of mythology, not much different that Hercules or Thor.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

jwfacts,

I'm the one who is speculating?

That's a good one.

Judge Dread

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Possibly running a soup kitchen in downtown Detroit.

Rub a Dub

• DJK
    DJK

Adam would be commander in chief of population control and an army that he sends out to commit atrocities and genocide, because the world would be so overpopulated with people who never die, there will be no standing room left.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

He would still be alive. I still think the JWs are absolutely correct that God's original purpose (as taught in the Bible) is for humans to live forever on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit