Elders? do the rest of us know what they know..?

by angel eyes 69 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

what about the sister who hasnt been to meetings for a few years? nothing to do with pedo hun...just wanted to know what elders do in that instance?

• Georgiegirl
  • TD
    TD

Elders know the "real" C.O. In some cases this is a kindly old gentleman both on and off the stage. In other cases, this is the man who takes Elders in the back room and berates, insults and just generally rips them up one side and down the other for a minor irregularity in paperwork and then pretends to be a kindly old gentleman in front of the congregation at large.

I don't actually know this from personal experience, having never held any sort of position in the JW faith. (I had a quasi JW upbringing, but became disenchanted with them at a relatively young age.)

I know this because there was such a C.O. in the Phoenix area at one time and I couldn't understand why every female (Including my wife) thought he was such a great guy --a modern day apostle if you will, while every Elder and MS (Including my wife's P.O. brother) positively dispised the man to the point having violent fantasies directed towards him. My wife's brother finally explained it to me.

• AllTimeJeff
  • Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

AE - answered your question on the previous page - I think it hadn't shown up yet.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

GG - Yeah, that makes sense. I think the the bureaucracy is stupid, but the individual JWs are for the most part okay, if having difficulties because of the mind control they're under. I had a sheparding call when I stopped going to the meetings... At the time I was very confused, but I remember one elder that was just a hair (about six years, young elder) older than me broke down and cried because he was concerned for me. Unfortunately, I think that type of brother is more the exception than the rule, but for the most part I think/hope their intentions are good.

• chicken little
    chicken little

My response does not have to do with pedophiles, but it is to show the limitations of elders and their inability to get to the truth of matters. I recently found an old friend on fbook, I was not sure if she was still a jw so I was cautious. Turns out she was disfellowshipped some years ago and was very happy to find me again. When I heard her story and the things she had gone through with her ex husband I was once again convinced that there is no holy spirit directing these men. When she told the elders at her jc that her husband was having an affair with her best friend, the wife of another elder, she was not believed. Her husband and the sister denied it. She was divorced from him and six months later the ex married her best friend. Neither of these were disfellowshipped.

This week I received a friend request from...my friends ex husband warning me that his ex was disfellowshipped and very apostate to the truth, did I know this? I wrote back to him saying how amazing it is what you do NOT get disfellowshipped for these days. I would say that shagging your wife's best friend and then lying about it would be high on the list to get you kicked out. I then told him I was out of this high control organization and free to choose my own friends and he would not be one of them.

Afterwards I thought again how ridiculous it is to think that elders are impartial and guided by holy spirit.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Elders know the "real" C.O

Dead right TD. I have seen these spirtual heavyweights use every passive aggressive bullying strategy in the book.

• Open mind
    Open mind

angel eyes: "I never knew they had a hand book till i came on here."

Do you have a copy of the Proclaimers Book? If not, there should be one in the KH Library you can look at, (when a JC isn't going on in there).

Page 232 has a picture of the "Secret Book".

om

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

There is a VERY easy answer to your question - another question: do the leaders of [every] other religion know things that the rest of THEIR members/flocks/congregations/churches/parishes/temples SHOULD know... but DON'T? Of course, they do.

Dear one... the WTBTS is a religion. Just like all of the rest. With a "clergy" and "laity" structure... a "high council"... a [group of] leader[s]... and their very own contrived set of "laws", rules, regulations, rituals, traditions, practices, policies, habits... and things hidden.

And the Most Holy One of Israel doesn't dwell in handmade temples... or churches... or Kingdom Halls. (Acts 17:24) And He doesn't reside among them... any more than He resides among the others. He resides...dwells... makes His "abode" IN... His PEOPLE... the "temple" being built by HIS Son, the Greater Solomon, Christ. (1 Corintians 3:16; Ephesians 2:21, 22; Romans 8:9, 10; John 14:23)

Been that way since Christ, the cornerstone, began pouring out holy spirit ON such people... his apostles, the foundation, and the other disciples, as "living stones" and "pillars"... starting at Pentecost 30CE. (Ephesians 2:19, 20; 1 Peter 2:4, 5; Revelation 3:12) And it has been that way ever since.

May you hear... and get the sense of it. Because the Spirit and the Bride ARE still saying, even to YOU: "Come! Take life's water... FREE!"

Again, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

"Shel"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit