Elders? do the rest of us know what they know..?

by angel eyes 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

No. Elders have several different meetings throughout the year. They meet as a body anytime there is a judicial matter, they meet to decide administration stuff (often), and they meet before every assembly, and every CO visit. They meet often.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

glad the rotten scum has died, sorry but those kinda sicko's shouldnt EVER be resurrected, not going beyond Jah but im sure HE agree's.

So a convicted pedo can be a MS? I didnt think they could be used after it was evident, sorry to keep going on dont wana upset you just asking as im not happy if thats so.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

The last I heard (read?) was something along the lines of 'if the last occurance was 3 years ago or more, and he seems repentent.' Has anyone else heard something similar?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thats for convicted pedos??????

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

AE - I'm glad you're on this site and learning so much about "the wonderful organisation"

You're not the first person and will certainly not be the last one to be shocked at what really goes on in the back room with the elders.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

also HLC's are made up of elders, who carry out deathbed difellowshippings and urge parents to withhold life saving medical aid to young kids/babies who require it, also generally making a nuisance of themselves and sticking their dirty noses in when it isn't required, scum

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

It's been a long time, and I'm fine. Ask away (but thanks for checking)

Absolutely a convicted pedo can be an MS. Here's the thing: the directive is - a "known" pedophile. That refers to the members within the congregation - it doesn't refer to proof that someone IS one. So if someone is convicted - let's say in one area, and moves to another area, the new congregation would not KNOW he is a pedophile. Reappointment can and does occur if the pedophile is not known as a molester WITHIN THE CURRENT CONGREGATION.

It is watched a little more carefully now, I believe, since they lost the cases in California and had to pay out millions of dollars in settlements to the victims.

• cheerios
    cheerios

seems like the further qualification was: if it wasn't known .. and was 3 yrs ago .. and repentant ... soemthing like that?

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

*gawks at 164 page monstrousity*

Can anyone point out some of the more interesting tidbits? Between Hassan, Franz, and textbooks, I have plenty of reading for this weekend. LoL

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(laughing) - it's really not that interesting. It's just a rulebook. The good bits are in the hand-written notes the elders make in the margins and are told not to share with everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit