Elders? do the rest of us know what they know..?

by angel eyes 69 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

pedophiles cant be elders can they?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Elders know that they can be forgiven for their own sins secretly, and remain as elders. They know that this is a privilege beyond those of the other members.

Elders know that members are to be always encouraged to sell more literature, donate more money, volunteer more time and labor for the organization.

Elders are taught that slight deviations from the rules should be dealt with swiftly and harshly. They sometimes falter in doing so because it conflicts with the human being within them.

Elders know that the C.O. really comes to make sure everyone is "in line" donating money for the mags they get, putting in time every single month, reporting to the organization any deviation among the elders.

Elders generally know who the pedophiles are, who the illegal immigrants are, who the wife-beaters are, who the "weak" independent members are, who donates how much money, who studies for the meetings, who doesn't do a good job out in the recruiting work. They know who the spies are, the ones that will turn in their best friend or their mate or their own children, and who will tell them nothing.

• cheerios
    cheerios

And cheerios, her elders already know that she's here

so she claims ... but just a claim isn't proof ... kind of like: oh yeah, in 1919, god chose us .. yeah because he did. we got let out of jail, so god must have chosen us.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

For what it's worth -

I am probably in the minority but I still believe most elders are serving with good intentions.

I also think most are under-qualified, completely misled and are only carrying out the guidance they've been given without really thinking of the consequences - but I do think most of them are doing what they have come to believe is right. That doesn't make them right, of course.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

AE - Your statement:

pedophiles cant be elders can they?

I don't know whether to run out and get you fireproof clothing to protect you or just make popcorn - yikes.

YES. THEY CAN.

My molester was an elder.

Yes, the other elders knew (including my own father.)

No. He was not removed and nothing. Nothing. was done. It's that pesky two-witness rule thing, you know.

He was finally removed years and years later after he molested a couple of siblings. NEVER disfellowshipped.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

GG is totally correct. Most have been convinced to do what their superiors tell them to do.

Some have forgiven Nazi officers and soldiers for that same thing. Some have not.

I understand them and forgive them. But watch your back. They still serve their own "Hitler" and fear him.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist
    so she claims ... but just a claim isn't proof ...

Yeah, but we don't really have any reason to disbelieve her, and its no skin off my nose whether they know or not, so I choose to believe her. Just sayin'.

BTW: I'd like to see the elder book as well... I seem to remember it floating around in PDF, but lost the link.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

sorry GG, they didnt df him when he was finally caught ? SCUM!! so he is still within the cong?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thanks the clarinetist

• zarco
    zarco

Georgiegirl,

I am so sorry. May you find peace and strength.

zarco

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit