Rehab has been very interesting, but ended nightmarishly....

by oompa 57 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

There's no way I'm going to judge you Oompa. Only you were there and you know the truth. It wouldn't suprise me at all if that's the whole get clean thing at some of those dry-out centres. At least you got some help - rose in the garbage, so to speak?

Again, kudos to you and stay away from that freaking booze! Try majic mushrooms instead!

(just kidding)

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

oompa - so glad that are ok and that you're getting help. Much strength to your fight to stay on the sobriety path!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Way to go Oompa...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It takes balls the size of church bells to admit a problem, even bigger ones to fix it.

Well done, my prayers are with you for the Lord to give you all the strength you need to fight this and win.

Every day is a new day.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Oompa! Glad you're back. I read this thread wrong and thought you were referring to Rahab! I wondered, "What did she ever do to him?" Stay dry and clear headed. You will do it because you can. W.Once

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I'm proud of you Oompa. I almost lost my daughter to drugs and alcohol. The AA meetings were difficult for her at first because of the God/Higher Power stuff but she has learned to depend on herself and pick and choose what is helpful to her from that organization.

She is fast approaching her 2 year sobriety date, Oct. 28th, and I am so proud of her. Remember HALT and don't let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. Figure out your personal triggers and role play in your mind how to handle things when you are triggered.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Oompa)))))))

You've been given some great advice by those who love you.

Heed it.

Sylvia

• journey-on
    journey-on

You know what I like about you, Oompa? You seem like you are unravelling, but your inner core seems to stay intact.

You have allowed parts to deteriorate, but it seems like the essence of your true character refuses to give in to the deterioration. I think you are going to eventually work through it all, and figure out which pieces of your life hold the most value. You are a conscientious person, and you're taking time to analyze each part. That process is convoluted and painful.

Once you KNOW, accept your soul's decision, and find peace with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit