Rehab has been very interesting, but ended nightmarishly....

by oompa 57 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Welcome back oompa;

Take care,

Ismael

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am sorry your experience ended badly; however, you know now that you have inner strength to take care of problems that you encounter in life.

I know that you can be successful! Also, glad you've got some new friends who can encourage you.

• shamus100
    shamus100

GOOD JOB!

Damn, you suprised me. Good for you for being man enough to get help. Very impressed.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Good for you!! It's a long hard road....but you can do it!!

We all have your back here!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

((((((oopma)))))) Glad you're back, but glad you had good reason to be away. Good luck to you in your recovery. We're here for you!

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks Shamus and others too....i surprised my family and a few others as well and i got good support for my decision....i could not help but mention to my dad and wife that not a single elder or person/old friend from my old hall called, visited, or sent a card...

....several months ago during a very, very low spot in my life i confessed to the elders that i had a horrible nightly drinking prob.........that was in march 09 actually, and since then not a single one even called to check on me, and that included one who was one of my closest friends ever....i could not help but notice that soooo many rooms were plastered with cards and flowers, and ya, my inbox remained empty the entire time

funny how losing your entire social structure makes itself visible even in things l like hospital stays.....but thanks too to the friends i have met here who I did get to speak with a few times while in treatment...........after a week we did get limited landline privileges.........oompa

btw.......i was VERY open and vocal (imagine that) about my JW cult life and how it had effected me.....there were tons of questions from the shrinks there, as well as the other guests.....all were TOTALLY STUNNED at the level of control/impact this group still has on my life and how it flucked me up while in it and during my exit.....

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

MATE!! Check out my "Where's Ommpa thread" I thought you died man I'll send you a PM.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Welcome back Oomp.

It's really good to see you.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

omg is that where you were. Welcome back - we missed your wise humour

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I was wondering where you had been, it's good to see you back. Reaching out and asking for help is a sign of strenght- you are truly a strong person and should be so proud of your achivements... a flower for Oompa from Lill.... welcome back mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit