Rehab has been very interesting, but ended nightmarishly....

by oompa 57 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Oompa!

It requires a lot of internal strenght to admit that you needed help, and you did it! I'm proud of you too!

There's light at the end of the tunnel, my friend!

Best wishes!

TTPR

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Hey Oompa! Glad to see you!

What a crock of bologna you were put through! So sorry to hear that. But on the flip side...yeah for you! Keep moving forward friend! Keep moving forward!

• oompa
    oompa

Shamus hit their ugly head on the nail.......although i followed the program to the letter while in treatment (they were kinda amazed at my note taking abilities!) and was given kudos as i went for keeping an open mind, participitating, being on time, room perfect daily etc.....the boot came for not accepting their "recommendation" to sign up for another month of "their" treatment.....

funny how that while being a model open-minded student while in a program that teaches to live life "one day at a time"..... i get punished for not accepting a "future" treatment program....i learned the saying there....:keep one foot in the past, and one foot in the future, and all you will do is piss on today".............well they pissed on my day.......oompa

btw...i pointed out how easily i could lied and said "sure, i will do the other program" and then just not done it, and they agreed i could have....but the entire recovery process was about self-honesty..........besides, once i had received the ultimatum....i could see inside the whitewashed grave

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's great to see you back and in better shape then when you disappeared, Oompa.

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome back old friend !! And well done !

My big fear was that somehow you had got sucked back into the Borg, but I see now you are far too strong for that to happen.

Keep up the good work, P.M me or E-mail ,anytime ,like all your friends on here I am here for you ,if you want to rant or whatever.

I just know that from now on you are going to find peace and happiness, and bring more sunshine and laughs to this board, as you did before.

Great to have you back !

Love

Wobble

• penny2
    penny2
    i learned the saying there....:keep one foot in the past, and one foot in the future, and all you will do is piss on today"

That's good. I'm sure more of us could use that, me included.

penny

• whoknows
    whoknows

Oompa-

You are a funny guy, being disfellowshipped from rehab! I guess it was a good thing, because you said you had made some real friends at AA. Whatever works, that's the important thing. Interesting comment you made about how everyone else in rehab was supported with cards, letters,etc. and you merited nothing, after all of your years of association and the friendships (??!) even though the congregation knew of your situation. They should be ashamed.

I wish you strength to stay on the path. You have our very best wishes.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oompa, you are a very brave man. I am so happy that you've taken the first steps toward sobriety and I wish you all the best.

I luv ya and am pulling for you.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Proud of you oompa,

purps

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

We missed you Oomps. Wishing you all the best in your struggles!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit