Hubby is Researching 607...

by cognac 183 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AnnOMaly

Post 1108

I have a better idea in addition to you setting up a thread on this subject for my benefit and education. My proposal is as follows:

1. You select those issues that you feel are significant in falsifying Furuli's hypothesis.

2. That you write to Furuli either by letter or email concerning those issues.

3. That you forward to me copies of this corrresspondence and Furuli's replies.

4. If these issues are similar or identical to that of Carl Jonsson then these references be noted.

5. With all of this information to hand I will proceed to have these matters independently adjudicated by contacting either other experts in the field of ancient astronomy and by making a submission to the Observatory of NSW, Australia which would have the last astro programs.

scholar JW

Scholar..

I have a much better idea..

Why don`t you show us Furuli`s Credentials in History?..

Oop`s..He does`nt have any..

What do Scholar,Furuli and Johnson have in common..

They are all Jehovah`s Witness`s..

.....................................OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's been 5 days of to and fro on this thread, now, and those who didn't believe still don't. Those who believed still do. I wonder how cognac's hub is doing. Wonder of he's getting a headach, yet.

S

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1110

You seem to avoiding my simple proposal which I believe is the most honest and fair procedure to follow as it keeps all parties honest. If you have a better proposal then I am open to suggestions. Already you have opened a thread on the subject and my simple reponse is no response until you have shown evidence that you have discussed the matter with Furuli.

scholar JW

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

As I said on the other thread 'scholar,' get real. His research is in the public domain. The horse has already bolted out of the barn. It is quite in order for criticisms of his work to also be in the public domain.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

'scholar'- why is Furuli the god here? When did he become any sort of authority?

• Room 215
    Room 215

With all due respect, why strain to disabuse Scholar, et al, who've wrapped themselves in the comforting delusion that the entire 607 BCE/Gentile Times exercise holds the key to understanding God's timetable? There's more than enough evidence of the Society's backtracking of the related 1914 date and "this generation" to undermine the entire premise.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Room 215, I do agree. Even if 607BCE was proven correct, what does it mean? Nothing other than a date of academic interest. The unrelated texts which are asserted to mean different things and combined to make the formula leading to 2520 years is ridiculous. Each and every link there requires a huge leap of logic. However, even if the WT was correct on the whole 7 Gentile Times formula what would it prove? Simply that Jesus directed his attention toward the earth. The 1918 captivity and 1919 selection are more assertions with nothing to substantiate them. If the 7 Gentile Times was correct and Jesus looked down at all relgions what would he see so far as the WT? False prophecies, and beyond that they were other groups teaching the same things as them so far as doctrine...so they did not stand out as anything special. I recently did a thread on what made the WT so special that they would be chosen in 1919. The answers I got were all shown to be baseless....such as they are no part of the world (too general, and other groups were also exclusivivist), politically neutral (as are Christadelphians), they did not go to war (yet they encouraged their members to finance the war by purchasing war bonds), their stance on trinity/hellfire/immortality of the soul (Christadelhians among other groups taught and still teach the same)....so it all continually comes back to the question of why the WT was chosen above all others.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, I would think that at this point the WT would be trying to prove the 1914 date and 1919 dtaes as incoorect, considering that during those times and for YEARS and deacdes after them, the WT still did things that they now condier apostate: B.days, Christmas, Crosses for example.

Even AFTER Jesus decided that ONLY the WT was in the truth in 1919.

Perhaps the WT should go with secular evidence and add 20 years to 1914 !!

LOL !!

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1117

You too should get real. Because the matter is now in the public domain all the more reason that you should also direct your criticisms to Furuli. Your refusal to do so reveals your true motive is not to educate but to deceive the public. Another piece of apostae mischief making.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit