Hubby is Researching 607...

by cognac 183 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Re: #1759

There is much more to Furuli's thesis than the use of a astro program because Furuli has dealt with the primary source materials firts hand rather than relying on orthodox tyransaltions which is the practice of Jonsson. Furuli told me by phone last night that he in fact is revising his First volume and he has used a astro program which viondicates 455 BCE.

And I'm trying to tell you, Neil, he DOESN'T vindicate 455 BCE at all (or 607 BCE). I've been using his own premises and his own dates based on his understanding of the source materials to check one of the key tablets mentioned in his article that he thinks should be dated to 465/4 BCE - the one I talked about above, BM 33478 - and he still gets positions wrong! If his data are screwed, so will his hypothesis be. If he includes this in his revisions for Vol. 1, he'll look even more inept to the scholarly community!

But I can tell you are one of those who has taken Furuli's research at face value without verifying his claims for yourself. I'll start a separate thread and show you what I mean about the above tablet. Give me a day or so and I'll put something together. Then when you get the article, you'll be able to follow along and see for yourself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scholar..

Furuli`s credentuals are in Linguistics..

Not History..

You and Furuli have 2 things in common..

#1:Your both Jehovah`s Witness`s..

#2: Niether of you is Qualified,to give an Expert Opinion on Ancient History..

• JWoods
    JWoods

Farulli shmahooly. Scholar shmolar. This is like argument over when the first rivet was put into the Titanic - after the damn boat sank!!!

Face facts - 1914 was a total bust as a prophecy. They prophesied that Jesus would come in power after coming invisibly in 1874. What happened?

WW1. Not Jesus. They did not predict WW1 - they predicted the second coming of Jesus. Didn't happen.

All the other dates built up on it failed as well. 1918. 1925. 1975. Failed, except in the deluded minds of watchtower men who pretended various wonderful (and !!! INVISIBLE !!!) things happened.

Now even the "generation of 1914" and "millions now living will never die" are tossed onto the scrap heap of 607/1914.

What the hell is anybody still arguing about??? NOTHING HAPPENED TO PROVE THE STUPID LONG_WINDED CHRONO-PROPHECY!!!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

i mentioned to a friend today im going to research 607bce, asked me why, said id been told that the year was wrong so i wanted to see for myself....I got a look of Death/disbelief!!!!!!!!!!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    i mentioned to a friend today im going to research 607bce, asked me why, said id been told that the year was wrong so i wanted to see for myself....I got a look of Death/disbelief!!!!!!!!!!

Not surprisingly. The first thing to ask about it is what real printed prophecy ever came true from this date. This will prove embarrassing for any witness who claims that WW1 happened in 1914, and they somehow counted this up in some long-protracted way from 607BCE. Embarrassing because they DID NOT prophecy WW1. They prophesied the coming of Christ in power, after he began ruling invisibly in 1874. The fact that none of the chronology worked is the first proof (and only proof needed) that the 607BCE date (wrong or right - and it is wrong) - but still - wrong or right - IS MEANINGLESS. IT ONLY SPAWNED FALSE PROPHECY LIKE THAT IN 1914 or 1975.

• TD
    TD
    I have to wonder how Chucky could be the "ONLY" person to have found some documentation that proves Jeruselem fell in 607bc.

In Russell's day, the date was 606. ("Celebrated" WT scholars moved it from 606 to 607 in the year 1943) At the time, this was a widely held date by Bible students of various denominations, but the discovery of the Nabonidus Chronicle in the late 1870's changed all of that in just a few years.

Russell was not the author of the 1914 date or the calculation leading to it. Nelson Barbour published both before he even met Russell.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Start here.

http://144000.110mb.com/607/index.html

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

SCHOLAR, THIS SCRIPTURE FITS YOU AND OTHERS WHO STICK UP FOR AN ORGANIZATION THAT HAS HURT SO MANY FAMILIES. JEREMIAH 8:12 "DID THEY FEEL SHAME BECAUSE THEY HAD DONE EVEN WHAT WAS DETESTABLE? FOR ONE THING, THEY POSITIVELY COULD NOT FEEL ASHAMED, FOR ANOTHER THING, THEY DID NOT KNOW EVEN HOW TO FEEL HUMILIATED."

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

OH FORGOT, INCASE YOU CAN NOT SUBTRACT, 624 MINUS 18=606. BOTH DATES ARE WRONG ANYWAY.

• cheerios
    cheerios

Your post 1104 simply prefers 587 BCE but serious scholars prefer 586 BCE so this shows that your methodology is deficient so the smart thing to do is to take notice of the celebrated WT scholars.

LOLOLOLOLOL

that's some world-beater logic there!

but you are incorrect. the smart thing to do is see what is buried in that great big old pyramid .. i'm sure the regnal years are explained there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit