Hubby is Researching 607...

by cognac 183 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Scholar,

Could you please do a cut-and-paste with the new annoying psychadelic colours?

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE.

• dissed
    dissed

This JWscholar is the typical JW apologist. No substance, full of air. Are they all like this guy?

They just keep saying the mantra to themselves, over and over again, "we have the truth because I said so" and everything will be alright. It seems they have to do this to re-affirm the 'truth' to themselves. Such a lack of faith in their own beliefs.

And to think, supposed apostates here know more about JW beliefs than the avg. JW.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Scholar, you need to do more research and you can do it in your own Vol.2 of the "Insight of the scriptures." Page 480. It states 624 as being King Neb. 1st year to rule. The Bible at 2Kings 25:8-9 says it was King Neb. 19th year when Jerusalem was desolated. If you minus 18 from 624, it is 606. You can not get 607. So 607 DOES NOT harmonize with the Bible

• designs
    designs

Most history covers the period as: There were two military campaigns by the Babylonian army in the conquest of Judea. The first occured around 609-606 BCE when Babylon engaged the protectorate nations of Egypt and Assyria, Daniel was probably taken as a captive during this assault, Jerusalem survived another 20 years. The second is the well known 587/86 destruction of Jerusalem.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Dear SCHOLAR,

thank you for your kind offer, I must admitt I am recently under such apostate influence as you mention in your post. It would be very kind of you, if you would help me to straighten the confidence in 607. It would help me to maintain my integrity as JW and to trust again fully to our brothers in the Governing Body. So please:

• Could you please quote some secular historians supporting 607? (Iam sure there are many, just mention some for me...)
    • Is there any reliable secular book supporting 607? (Iam sure there are plenty...)
    • Could you please write me down Babylonian monarchs of that period and years of their reign (It must be easy, but I was always weak in math, so it doesnt work for me....)

Thank you for your kind help brother, your brief and specific answer will be very apreciated and will help me to cope with apostate influence.

Albert

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

That is awesome news!!!

Coffee

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In the 21st Century no scholar or school in the entire world accepts 607 B.C.E as a date!! This was poor 17th Century science.....point this out to him.

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks everyone. Scholer, if you have any proof as to what you say, I will be glad to pass it along to him.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

I think it's going to depend on whether or not "fufilled prophecy" is what keeps him in. If it's something else, it may not be as important. For me - it took approximately 12 hours for my entire belief system to come tumbling down.

While I'm so grateful it did, it was a horrifically terrifying experience. Cognac - IF this is what does it for him, be ready for some pretty tough emotional issues...realizing everything you built your life around is completely false - can really wreak havoc with your psyche.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

cognac

I am pleased to hear that your hubby is researching 607 BCE and no doubt he will find as I have done ober the last thirty years that this date is absolutelky correct harmonizing with the Bible and secular evidence. However, he needs to be aware of apostate propaganda which has foolishly tried to malign the biblical and secular evidence for this sacred, biblical date. If he has any questions on this matter I am able to help as I have studied this subject most thoroughly.

scholar JW

Scholar..

You have had your Ass Kicked so many times on this subject..

You have never won a debate on our board yet!..

EVER!!..

...................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit