Hubby is Researching 607...

by cognac 183 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

I know this is like nailing pudding to the wall, but how about writing eg. the authors of the program, explain why this discussion is important and ask them if they agree on the dataanalysis?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Any use of a astroprogram and the interpretation of the data is dependent on the knowledge of the subject and is best left to professionals rather than pretend amateurs. I have no confidence in your use of such programs and the interpretation of the data.

Am I a 'pretend amateur,' Neil? LOL!

I'm puzzled. Are you suggesting that only professionals should use astro-programs?! What galaxy are you visiting from again?

It is not the point that your agenda is giving false information to conform to an 'apostate' viewpoint but whether you are competent in the matters that you are commenting on and I see evidence of your competence.

Thank you very much! It's big of you to admit that. My, you're full of compliments today!

Furuli on the other hand demonstrates competence insuch matters and that commands my attaention.

Learning how to operate a astro program does not qualify one to be critical of anothers's use of such programs but rather it is the understanding of the subject that is more important.

Oh that's where you're wrong. Learning to operate an astro-program qualifies a person to do exactly that, for the reasons listed in my last post.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't now anything about astronomy so I send all this info to a buddy of mine at the Department of Astronomy and astrophysics at the University of Toronto on Monday morning.

He had a chance to look over it quickly and shot me an email this morning basically stating that he needs more time to verifiy the stuff but that from a quick glance all seems correct and proper, he has never heard of Furuli but he will send this to the head of the department that deals with the "dating" of astrological events".

He did say that most of what is around right now and accepted is typically proven correct with quite a few lines of evidence.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

If your buddy has any further observations, PSacramento, I'd love to hear them.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ann,

Will do, funny thing, he asked me what it was about and I said neo-babylonian chronologyu and how accurate it was, he replied that, of all the historical periods we can study, the neo-babylonian is one of the best researched and verifiable ones we have.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Still waiting for "scholar" to prove, from the Bible only, that Jerusalem fell 607 years before the common era.

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1131

Yes you are a pretend amareur if you like. The very fact that you refuse to pursue your findings with Furuli proves the matter entirely. Astro programa are availabel to all but if you are going to engage in serious discussion then at the very least your should know what you are talking about and you have demonstrated that you are incompetent in this field. There is a big differenc between learning to operate a astro-program and to interpret that data within the context of ancient astronomy and that is where you fail.

scholar JW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is Furuli trained professionally in the field of astronomy and the use of astro-programs?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yes you are a pretend amareur if you like. The very fact that you refuse to pursue your findings with Furuli proves the matter entirely. Astro programa are availabel to all but if you are going to engage in serious discussion then at the very least your should know what you are talking about and you have demonstrated that you are incompetent in this field. There is a big differenc between learning to operate a astro-program and to interpret that data within the context of ancient astronomy and that is where you fail.

(The madder you get, the sillier your comments become.) Tell me, Neil, how on earth would you have any clue that I am incompetent and a failure at interpreting the astro-programs' data if you won't compare the results and, according to your own admission, you have little or no knowledge of the subject? You're making a judgment without having the facts. This is not 'scholarly' behavior at all!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Is Furuli trained professionally in the field of astronomy and the use of astro-programs?

Let's allow Furuli himself to answer:

"My field is Semitic languages and culture, and my advantage is that I am able to read and work with original documents in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and Akkadian. My disadvantage is that I am neither a professional archaeo-astronomer nor a historian. Moreover, as any professional knows, if you are not an expert in a field, you are likely to commit errors." - Assyrian, Babylonian, Egyptian and Persian Chronology, Vol. I, 2003, p.14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit